Palm Greens is looking for a kitchen manager for our plant based cafe in Hackney. Our food is vegetable led, healthy bowls and dishes in the daytime with an evening service in collaboration with NTs bar two nights a week.
We aim to source as sustainably and seasonally as possible, using organic and minimal intervention produce wherever possible. Our food is full of flavour while still being healthy and wholesome.
Palm Greens space at Netil House has a strong community feel with a lot of regulars, breakfast and lunch catering and occasional events. We’re a small team but passionate and hardworking. We’re looking for someone who is experienced but friendly and who will fit in well with the team.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Executive Chef and will be expected to collaborate with other members of the kitchen team and front of house.
- Minimum 18 months experience of working in a professional kitchen
- Passionate about food, flavour and seasonal ingredients
- Committed to low-waste principles and sustainable working ethics
- Positive and friendly team player
- Confidence and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle pressure and solve problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Food Hygiene Level 3
- Happy to work regular weekends and some evenings
- Supervision of kitchen and kitchen team
- Following recipes laid out by the executive chef
- Create specials using seasonal ingredients
- Prepping, cooking and service
- Communication with FOH team & bar when necessary
- Stock control and ordering
- Food Hygiene Management
Pay and benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate or salary, starting at £28,000 per annum, based on 45 hour working week
- 28 days holiday per annum pro rata (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Pay reviews based on performance
- On-Shift meals and Off-Shift Friends & Family discounts
- Shared tips and service charge
About Palm Greens
Palm Greens is a plant based cafe & salad bar based in Netil House, Hackney.
With global flavours our food is made from scratch and sourced as locally and organically as possible.
We serve flavour packed, fresh plant based salads alongside other cafe staples during the day and small plates during the evening.
Palm Greens makes delicious, fresh, healthy, cruelty free food that is easily accessible, food that benefits the mind and body while keeping connections with our community and our planet.
We want to take the thinking out of eating this way by creating easily accessible, delicious meals freshly made to order and from scratch.
We're located in NTs in Netil House. Open 6 days a week, mid week breakfast & salad bar, weekend brunch & evening small plates.
Instagram : @palmgreens