This job is a director position for the Pebble Pond Preschool program, a vegan, nature-based, and Spanish immersion preschool in Fort Worth. Classes are mixed-age groups of children ages 3-6 years old who attend full week care between the hours of 7:00 am and 6:00 pm. The children spend 25-50% of their day outside, are taught in Spanish, and are fed a vegan low sugar diet. This position is responsible for planning, implementing, and documenting learning; maintaining safety and regulation standards and participating in nature-based activities with the children in all safe weather conditions. Director must be organized, responsible, joyful, energetic, ﬂexible, child-focused, eco-conscious, Fluent in Spanish, vegan-friendly, and enjoy being outdoors year-round for a large part of the day. This is a new startup preschool and this director will have the opportunity to work with the owner in developing and opening a unique and brand-new program where our mission is to: Connect children to their health, environment, and each other and build small habits that have a greater impact on the community and the world.
Regular working hours, typically 40 per week, are scheduled Monday – Friday though some weekends and evenings will be required for public programs, family events, and staﬀ meetings. This is a year-round, full time, nonexempt position.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(1) Ensure that are preschools philosophy, policies, and procedures are implemented and followed.
(2) Administering the preschool daily operations in compliance with the DFPS minimum standards and company rules and regulations.
(3) Assist staff in resolving any concerns.
(4) Effectively communicate with parents.
(5) Facilitate developmentally appropriate nature-based preschool programming.
(6) Needs to have a valid TX daycare director license.
(7) Create and sustain a welcoming, peaceful and joyful family atmosphere.
(8) Create a culturally responsive inclusive environment for children and their families.
(9) Assure children’s physical and emotional safety.
(10) Maintain a clean, healthy, safe outdoor and indoor environment. Ensure accurate and timely documentation of compliance logs.
(11) Respond to emergencies in a calm and responsible manner.
(12) Communicate concerns about the learning environment or children to the Preschool Owner.
(13) Involve families in their children’s educational growth and encourage families to fully participate in the program.
Education and experience
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Education or Early Childhood Education.
- At least three years’ experience as a licensed Center Director.
- 2 years teaching experience in a licensed child care center preferred.
- Experience in nature-based programming and demonstrated an interest in conservation and environmental education preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of basic biologic, ecologic, geologic, natural historic concepts preferred.
- Knowledge of food gardening.
- Must be able to maintain a vegan facility.
- Must demonstrate strong emotional intelligence, including empathy and listening skillset.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of hazards and risk assessment as related to the environments of young children.
- Must be ﬂexible and willing to assist with a variety of teaching and administrative duties.
- Must be able to create a culturally responsive inclusive environment for children and their families.
- Must be able to communicate positively and eﬀectively in English and in Spanish, orally and in writing.
- Must demonstrate computer literacy, including use of Microsoft Oﬃce Suite and email.
- Must demonstrate excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all seasons and all types of weather conditions 50% or more of each day.
- Must be able to assist with the maintenance of the outdoor learning classroom and yard which includes play equipment and gardens.
- Must be able to safely navigate a variety of surfaces, walk long distances, stand for extended periods of time, sit, kneel, stoop, crawl, twist, reach above head, climb stairs or ramps, and carry up to 50 lb.
- A typical work week is 40 hours, M-F. Occasional evenings and weekends are scheduled for parent meetings, in-service trainings, and/or special events.
- Pediatric CPR/ﬁrst aid certiﬁcation required, or the ability to receive certiﬁcation within 2 weeks of employment
- Complete drug screening, background check, TB test.
- Must be able to sign DFPS form 2985 Aﬃdavit for Applicants for Employment with a Licensed Child Care Center.
- Food Handler
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license to operate company vehicles and reliable transportation
Benefits include paid holidays, vacation pay, and training hours.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply at this link: https://goo.gl/forms/mXMoWRT3ZrddvT7s2
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
About Pebble Pond Preschool
Pebble Pond Preschool is a start-up organization that provides full-service child care for families in Fort Worth, TX. This small sized facility serves children from three to six years of age. Pebble Pond Preschool will be based in a home-like environment, provide vegan snacks and meals, be nature-based, be taught in Spanish, focus on diverse cultures, and bring the best of care to its clients. The center will offer loving care combined with a top-notch learning development. The curriculum coupled with a custom-designed facility and a low teacher: child ratio ensures a top-shelf service for the children and the parents.