As the Development Coordinator, you will have a unique opportunity to steward and connect with some of PETA’s most important members to strengthen and advance long-term relationships. You will support the philanthropic specialists and assist with special projects and member outreach.
Who is the PETA Foundation’s Legacy Gifts Team?
Our close-knit team is comprised of dedicated individuals who work to assist special PETA supporters in funding the organization’s life-saving programs to help animals in need with unique giving opportunities. Through relationship building, meaningful donor communication, and interdepartmental collaboration, our team ensures PETA’s work for animals is possible far into the future. If you join our team, you will be changing the world for animals, one supporter at a time.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Facilitate the work of the philanthropic specialists through direct support
• Articulate PETA’s objectives as well as details about specific PETA programs to PETA’s Augustus Club members and planned-giving prospects
• Respond to select inquiries and requests for assistance from PETA’s Augustus Club members and planned-giving prospects
• Discern and document pertinent information about PETA’s planned-giving members for the purpose of enhancing member profiles
• Perform detailed data entry of PETA donor information and use database systems to generate reports
• Remain current on estate-planning practices as well as fundraising and stewardship techniques used in the nonprofit sector by actively participating in professional development
• Assist with hosting visiting PETA planned-giving members and represent PETA in a professional capacity at fundraising and other events
• Assist with the preparation of mailings and e-mails to PETA’s planned-giving members
• Propose improvements in PETA member communication
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
• College degree or equivalent fundraising experience
• Minimum of one year of experience in an office setting
• Experience with fundraising software or similar database systems and Windows operating systems
• Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to prepare professional business communications
• Ability to interact with PETA donors in a professional and personable manner
• Demonstrated thorough knowledge of animal rights issues and PETA campaigns
• Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Proven ability to take initiative, work independently, and use discretion in confidential matters
• Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Professional appearance and adherence to a healthy vegan lifestyle
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. driver’s license, a minimum of three years of driving experience, and a satisfactory driving record
• Ability to travel periodically to the Norfolk VA headquarters
• This position requires proof of the COVID-19 full vaccination
• Proven support for PETA’s philosophy and ability to professionally advocate PETA’s positions on issues
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
This position cannot be performed in Colorado.