PETA is seeking a highly organised individual to help oversee the smooth running of PETA’s office operations. Acting as the main first point of contact for all office-related queries, the successful individual will be a self-starter and able to work independently. PETA offers an accepting working environment, a generous holiday allowance, and professional development prospects. This is an opportunity to work in a vegan office alongside passionate people at an organisation making a lasting impact for animals.
- To efficiently coordinate PETA’s office operations by providing day-to-day support.
Term of Employment:
Human Resources Manager
Hybrid: remote and in London (must be able to work three days a week from the London office)
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Overseeing the administrative and operational needs of the office and its staff
- Submitting invoices for payment, assisting colleagues with the submission of expense requests, and managing petty cash
- Liaising with vendors, suppliers, couriers, and contractors to ensure the smooth delivery of the organisation’s operational needs
- Working with the PETA US IT team to ensure that all technological equipment is properly maintained and working correctly
- Assisting with onboarding, including ensuring new starters receive the necessary IT equipment
- Keeping the office tidy, organised, and running efficiently and smoothly
- Overseeing PETA’s offsite storage unit, liaising with other departments as needed
- Ordering supplies for the office and its facilities
- Assisting with the coordination of events and employee engagement activities
- Acting as the first point of contact for visitors to the office and for all office-related queries
- Reviewing and streamlining operational procedures
- Coordinating and supervising health and safety requirements
- Supporting the HR manager with recruitment
- Providing administrative support to HR and other departments when requested
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Experience in a similar role (desirable)
- Previous administration experience (preferred)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage various tasks and projects simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- A strong commitment to the objectives of the organisation
- Adherence to a vegan lifestyle is strongly preferred
About PETA UK
The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) Foundation is a UK-based charity dedicated to establishing and protecting the rights of all animals.
Like humans, other animals are capable of suffering and have interests in leading their own lives; therefore, they are not ours to use – for experimentation, food, clothing, entertainment or any other reason. PETA and our affiliates around the world educate policymakers and the public about cruelty to animals and promote an understanding of the right of all animals to be treated with respect.
PETA works through public education, research, legislation, special events, celebrity involvement and protest campaigns. PETA believes in non-violence and does not advocate or support actions in which anyone, human or non-human, is harmed. PETA is a charitable organisation that works to educate the public about the horrors of cruelty to animals through peaceful means.