Do you have experience in public relations and communications?
Phoenix Zones Initiative, a global nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the rights, health, and wellbeing of people, animals, and the planet, is looking for a Communications and Outreach Assistant (part-time, contract position) to help our team maximize the impact and engagement of our communications and outreach.
This individual will report to the Senior Director of Communications and Outreach.
Essential Qualities: Trustworthy and acts with integrity; professional; reliable; respectful; organized; excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; detail-oriented with the ability to see the big picture; strong organizational skills; impeccable time management and multi-tasking skills; ability to meet all deadlines; problem-solving and decision-making skills; self- motivated; self-sufficient; experience creating PR/media content and assets; science/health background and creative writing skills a plus
- Assist with communications, outreach, and engagement
- Support the organization’s mission, programs, and operations
- Inform, develop, and implement communication campaigns and strategies for the client.
- Develop, write, edit, and produce written content that can be used for digital communications, press and media outreach, and partner and supporter outreach and communications.
- Research and identify opportunities for placements of opinion editorials and letters to the editor.
- Research and identify opportunities for media interviews and speaking engagements for the CEO and other team members.
- Cultivate relationships with members of the press and pitch press releases, media advisories, editorials, stories, and related material to members of the media.
- Analyze and evaluate metrics to inform strategies.
- Help develop and meet communications goals.
- Assist with communications and outreach administrative tasks.
- Treat internal information as confidential and interact professionally with supporters, partners, and the general public.
Compensation: Part-time contract position; 10-20 hours/week at $25/hour (negotiable)
Please send your resume and a cover letter.
In your cover letter, please include
- What draws you to Phoenix Zones Initiative and why you think you’re the right fit
- Your experience relevant to the duties described above
- At least two writing samples
- Three references
About Phoenix Zones Initiative
Phoenix Zones Initiative is a global nonprofit organization that advances the interconnected rights, health, and wellbeing of people, animals, and the planet through a Just One Health approach. Led by physicians and a diverse team, Phoenix Zones Initiative focuses on widespread ethical and structural change. Phoenix Zones Initiative advances legal, economic, and public policy to uplift the most vulnerable and marginalized, including children and animals, and the organization also provides resources so others can do the same.