Phoenix Zones Initiative (PZI), a global nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the rights, health, and wellbeing of people, animals, and the planet is looking for a Social Media Assistant to help our team maximize the impact and engagement of our communications across our social media channels.
This individual will report to the Senior Director of Communications and Outreach.
Essential Qualities: Trustworthy and acts with integrity; professional; reliable; respectful; organized; excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; detail-oriented with the ability to see the big picture; strong organizational skills; impeccable time management and multi-tasking skills; ability to meet all deadlines; problem-solving and decision-making skills; self- motivated; self-sufficient; experience creating stellar social media content (including video) and successfully managing multiple social media accounts; graphic design skills;
- Manage the organization’s social media channels and engagement
- Support the organization’s mission, programs, and operations
- Work with the communications team to help develop a strategy and editorial calendar that reflect the mission and goals of PZI
- Create and publish dynamic and engaging content, graphics, and video content for PZI’s media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- With the communications team, develop and implement strategies to increase followers and engagement across social media channels
- With the communications team, manage social media communications
- With the communications team, help develop, manage, and execute both organic and paid social media campaigns
- Analyze and evaluate metrics to inform strategies
- Help develop and meet communications goals
- Help execute digital fundraising campaigns
- Propose new ideas and concepts for digital content
- Treat internal information as confidential and interact professionally with supporters, partners, and the general public
Compensation: Part-time contract position; 10 hours/week at $20/hour
Please send your resume and a cover letter sharing your interest and qualifications.
In your cover letter, please include
- What draws you to Phoenix Zones Initiative and why you think you’re the right fit
- Your experience in managing social media accounts and what skills you have pertaining to social media
- Links to at least two social media accounts you’ve managed or are currently managing, with the exact dates you managed the accounts if you are no longer responsible for them
About Phoenix Zones Initiative
Phoenix Zones Initiative is a global nonprofit organization that advances the interconnected rights, health, and wellbeing of people, animals, and the planet through a Just One Health approach. Led by physicians and a diverse team, Phoenix Zones Initiative focuses on widespread ethical and structural change. Phoenix Zones Initiative advances legal, economic, and public policy to uplift the most vulnerable and marginalized, including children and animals, and the organization also provides resources so others can do the same.