Busy fast casual restaurant seeking responsible team player in the kitchen. Will work closely with general manager, and other staff. Full time position. Pay starts at $11/h plus tips ($5-8 per hour extra). (NOT responsible for inventory, food costing, administrative work, scheduling and most other back end tasks.) We are looking for somebody who is responsibility, reliable, and can always show up with a great attitude and ready to work! Must be able to work well in a team, have great communication skills, and be punctual. Possibility of becoming a lead line cook and advancing within our growing company. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you!
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
* 2 or more years of related work experience.
• Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred.
• Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
• Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
• Ability to use a computer/POS system.
• Requires complete knowledge of kitchen equipment.
• Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
• Applies advanced cooking skills.
• Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the requirements of the position.
• Substantial working knowledge of food preparation.
• Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
• Maturity of judgment and behavior.
• Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
• Maintains a positive attitude.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
• Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
• Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
About Pingala Cafe
Pingala Cafe is a warm, welcoming place that serves up food truck inspired cuisine & culture, and, it just so happens to be one of the most magical places on earth. At Pingala, we have an inside-out approach to everything we do; It's not the food we make, it's why we make it. It's not the ingredients we use, it's the ingredients we don't use. And it's not to turn everybody vegan, It's to make vegan food fun, delicious, and approachable. Having said that, most of us here at Pingala believe that veganism is an extremely liberating, thriving, and enjoyable lifestyle that can work for everyone. Our operation is a labor of love.
We are on a mission to turn you on through the super tasty food we make. Because together we can help change the world in a positive way. By chowing down on more food like the food we make and less food like the food the other guys make, we are seriously reducing your carbon footprint every time you eat. Which might be a lot if you're like me.