The Plant Based Foods Association (PBFA) represents over 220 member companies including many of the nation’s leading brands. Our mission is to build a solid foundation for the plant-based foods industry to succeed and thrive.
The Retail Partnerships Manager supports the growth of the plant-based foods industry and retail work of Plant Based Foods Association (PBFA). The Retail Partnerships Manager has a strong ability to collaborate with grocery retailers as well as plant-based foods companies, using knowledge and passion for plant-based foods to reach our goals. The Retail Partnerships Manager develops educational content for events and retail shopper marketing programs on behalf of the plant-based foods industry.
- Secure new retail partners by understanding their goals and strategy to determine the best ways PBFA can support their strategy and maximize plant-based food sales.
- Create and lead educational events, merchandising initiatives, and shopper marketing programs to increase awareness and demand for plant-based foods.
- Develop effective messaging to shoppers based on research and understand the best tools to communicate to each shopper segment.
- Present education materials to retailers as well as participate in industry panels.
- Ensure retail marketing objectives, strategies, rationale, and execution direction for programs are communicated to key constituencies in a timely and effective manner.
- Support the Senior Director, Retail Partnerships as needed
The ideal candidate is
- Aligned with PBFA’s mission to build a strong foundation for the plant-based foods industry and able to enthusiastically share that mission with others.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the grocery retail industry and preferably the plant-based foods industry to help educate and influence the industry, which includes retailers, brands, and other strategic partners.
- Professional and confident while communicating with all levels of leadership in a business setting.
- Self-driven with an accountability mindset and a strong sense of urgency when needed. Able to thrive in a highly independent fast-paced environment.
- Ready to be a contributing member of a small but passionate team.
- Resourceful, meticulous & highly organized, with creative problem-solving skills.
- A natural connector and skilled networker.
Experience, and Skills
- 7+ years in progressively responsible sales and/or marketing roles
- Expertise and experience working with retail category managers and omnichannel grocery retailers
- Media trained and/or skilled in creating and presenting webinars and workshops
- Proficient in PowerPoint and other MS Office tools
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate across all members of the PBFA team
- Formal experience/education in plant-based foods and/or lifestyle a plus
- Successful remote workplace experience a plus
PBFA is committed to building a culture of inclusion where all team members feel valued and can contribute their diverse experiences and perspectives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, PBFA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
About PLANT BASED FOODS ASSOCIATION
Representing the nation’s leading plant-based food companies, PBFA works to build a strong foundation for the plant-based foods industry to succeed and thrive.