We’re looking for a Part-Time/Full-Time Team Leader to help support our management team on the weekly production and packing of our healthy plant-based meal kits. The role would suit someone looking to move into their first management role or seeking a change in career in vegan food.
Since we launched in 2020 we’ve served up over 200,000 meals, been featured on BBC 1’s Dragons’ Den and we’re now the highest rated meal kit company in the UK.
We’ve seen significant growth in the last year and are now looking for hungry and ambitious people to join us at this exciting time in our journey.
We’re looking for a highly talented Team Leader to supervise our weekly packing/depositing operations as we look to grow rapidly in 2023. You’ll be helping out in the kitchen with our depositing team, over in our warehouse with the packers & also assisting the Managers/Supervisors in running the day to day operations of the business.
Pay: £12.50 per hour w/regular pay reviews.
Hours: We are open all week between 8.30am to 6pm. We may be extending hours to 9pm on Wed-Fri so there will be an option to move to a later shift on these days. Any Team Leader would be expected to work Monday 8:30am-5pm and ideally Saturday 8am-1pm.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervising team members (in particular depositors and packers) to ensure high quality standards and production schedules are met
- Onboarding and training new team members to ensure they understand our company ethos and philosophy, and that the correct packing procedures and specifications are followed
- Assisting with stock ordering and inventory management
- Working closely with other team members on a range of tasks relating to the production of our weekly meal kits as and when required e.g. picking, packing, depositing, sealing, boxing, stock control
- Overall supervision of the team/operations when the Production Manager / Supervisors are busy or away
- Ensuring staff comply with health and safety regulations and follow sanitation practices
We’re looking for someone with a positive, can-do attitude who can help solve problems and drive our team and business forward. You should have some experience managing teams and ideally have some experience in a kitchen, production or warehouse environment, but most of all we are looking for someone with a great mindset and attitude who is keen to learn and grow within an exciting business.
- Free Lunch everyday. Our fantastic & friendly chefs cook up a storm everyday to make sure our entire team is well fed.
- Free food! Save money on your weekly shop. Whenever we have meal kits leftover we offer them out to our staff. You’ll have the option to try any ones you please at home and we’ll value your honest feedback on them.
- Free staff nights out. Christmas parties. Friday Pub drinks. Bowling. Climbing/Bouldering… We like to go out as a team and reward our employees for their hard work. We’re always open to ideas for team outings.
- Employee of the Month – Every month you have the chance to win a great prize for your hard work.
- Career Progression – We’re a new and emerging company in the Food Delivery industry. There will be plenty of opportunities for those who are interested in progressing with us on our exciting journey!
Planthood is a vegan meal kit subscription service, delivering UK wide. We offer customers a weekly changing menu of restaurant-quality meal kits, which take just 15 minutes to finish at home. Our goal is to make plant-based eating so delicious and effortless that it becomes a new way of life.