We are working on Veg Politics! Do you want to join? ProVeg puts plant-based topics on the political agenda. A strong area of focus is international organisations in general, specifically the United Nations system. Together with our partners, we are working on making the switch to more plant-based diets easier and more realistic for as many people as possible and on communicating the potentials of plant-based products and lifestyles for tackling various policy areas. We are looking for support to help achieve these ambitious goals. The International Policy Intern support the preparation and execution of political work and lobbying activities aimed at communicating the potentials of plant-based products and lifestyles to political decision-makers and other relevant stakeholders at the international political sphere.
Reports to: Senior Policy and Public Affairs Specialist
Department: UN Affairs
Location: Berlin, Germany, remote work also possible
Hours: 40 h per week
- Help unlocking Food Systems Transformation to the UN space through our “Food4Climate” Pavilion and support other efforts (lobbying and Youth Board)
- Support the organization and coordination of a multistakeholder project involving several NGO’s and private sector partners as well as partnerships with other COP pavilions
- Identify relevant staekhoklders involved in international climate change policies at the national level
- Monitor political developments independent and brief colleagues. This includes reviewing the press and relevant websites, evaluating studies, attending conferences, etc.
- Research work according to instructions
- Propose ideas for the continuation of existing projects and for new projects that are in line with the overarching goals of ProVeg.
- Write texts (e.g. press releases, position papers, blog articles) in English that are appropriate for the target group
- Supporting communication with international and European partner organisations, other NGOs, public authorities and politicians.
- Independent preparation and implementation of smaller projects
- Answer enquiries in writing
- Maintain the social media channels and websites relevant to the policy department
- You are a Masters / Bachelor student in political science, public affairs, or law (or a similar subject).
- You have relevant experience in political work through previous job experience, internships or other occupations
- You have a good understanding of international multilateral processes (United Nations, IPCC etc.)
- You have an excellent command of English, both oral and written.
- You are interested in climate change policies, the Global Goals (SDG’s) and health/ environment related topics
- You identify with the goals of ProVeg
Benefits of working with us
- The opportunity to develop your own skills, acquire new competencies and gain valuable experience
- We are a workplace that encourages everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We are an inclusive workplace for our diverse employees around the world.
- Freedom to contribute your own ideas
- Flexibility around working arrangements
- Continuous support and individual encouragement by a superior
- Become part of a great team and work with us on a world where everyone chooses tasty and healthy food that is good for all people, animals and our planet.
Advantages of a BFD:
- Receipt of a monthly allowance
- Benefits through an exclusive volunteer pass, including a discount on the BVG ticket and discounts on admission to museums, cinemas and much more
- Extensive further training opportunities in the form of seminar participation (daily and weekly seminars), which can be selected according to personal interests
- Guarantee of social security and accident insurance
- Continued support and individual encouragement from the supervisor
- The opportunity to develop one's own skills, gain new competencies and gain valuable experience.
- Become not only part of a great team but also part of a movement that drives decisive social change!
Deadline: open until filled
Start: Ideally April-May 2023
Our application procedure
If you apply, please submit your application documents (including a cover letter, curriculum vitae and references) using the application form only. Please also answer the applicant's questions.
The following steps include:
- A first HR interview
- Carrying out an online-based sample task
- Optional internal office trial day, which consists of solving a set of tasks that would be specific for future work with us. Depending on the location, this day can take place in our office or can be done from home. In this way, we want to get to know you and your way of working even better, but also give you the opportunity to get a picture of your future work.
DEI (diversity, equity, inclusion) Statement
ProVeg is committed to assessing applicants equitably, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, neurodiversity, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.