We are looking for a Senior Finance Manager to support our operations, ensure we adhere to best practice in financial management, and comply with relevant company law as well as tax and charity regulations. The successful applicant will work with Heads of Departments, Country Directors, the Executive team, and external advisers (such as tax advisers) to ensure a healthy balance and accurate bookkeeping.
The role requires the post holder to be meticulous and capable of dealing with a varied and demanding workload. A good understanding of German tax law is crucial, preferably combined with working experience in a non-profit organisation. In order to work effectively in a dynamic environment, the position requires initiative and flexibility..
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Ensuring accurate bookkeeping, financial control, and compliance across the organisation.
- Preparing regular management accounts for the Senior Leadership team and the Executive team (monthly, quarterly, and annual reports).
- Managing communication with the German tax adviser to ensure German tax compliance, including VAT returns and taxes.
- Ensuring that purchasing and sales invoicing and payments are entered and processed correctly in ledgers in a timely manner.
- Ensuring control accounts are reconciled monthly (current bank account reconciliation, reconciliation of other control accounts).
- Overseeing Payroll administration in conjunction with the HR department .
- At least three years’ experience in accounting or finance management, with a proven track record of accurate bookkeeping and managing control accounts.
- Experience with producing management and statutory accounts as well as tax administration and relief.
- Strong organisational, budgeting, and financial-management skills.
- Excellent German-language skills, good English-language skills.
- Highly organised, with a strong attention to detail when using databases and financial software (a detailed knowledge of Excel is essential while experience of Odoo desirable).
- Experience with international tax and accounting environments.
- Experience with payroll administration.
- An understanding of financial administration and governance in NGOs or charitable, membership-based organisations.
Benefits of working with us
- Strong organisational focus on personal development and designated training budget.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Delicious and healthy vegan lunch every day at our Berlin office.
- And last but not least: become part of a great team and work with us towards building a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and the planet.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Hours: 20-30h per week (flexible working arrangements may be considered)
Contract: Two years, with the possibility of extension
Application deadline: 5 May 2019
Phone interviews: 6-10 May 2019
Face-to-face interviews: 13-17 May 2019
Start date: June/July 2019
Our Application Procedure
Your application should include a cover letter and CV. Please tell us how you found this job ad! Please send us your application using our online form. (https://proveg.com/jobs/) Thank you!
If you have successfully made it to the long-list, we will invite you to complete an online trial task. Following the successful shortlisting, the next steps would be:
- A phone interview
- A personal interview
- If applicable an optional “trial day”, that includes the handling of tasks that are typical for the role you are applying for. If you are not from Berlin you may do these tasks at home. This step helps us to get to know you and your way of working better and gives you a chance to get a full picture of the job and us
- The final decision may require an additional interview, usually with Senior Management
ProVeg is a food awareness organisation with the mission to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040. We are active in eight countries across four continents and are growing rapidly. We work with governments, private companies, public institutions, medical professionals, and the public to help the world transition to a more plant-based society and economy that is sustainable for humans, animals, and our planet.
We base our strategy on empirically-based evidence whenever possible. We seek to stay abreast of the latest research to inform our strategic considerations and outreach materials. We evaluate all of our programs to make sure we are allocating our resources in the best way to reach our goal.
ProVeg fosters a culture in which challenges become opportunities to learn through constructive feedback. Changing the global food system is a big task, and we seek out team members who think outside the box. Creative thinking and critical problem-solving skills are vital to accomplishing our ambitious goals. We believe that an organisation that includes all types of voices is a more effective organisation.
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.