ProVeg is a food awareness organisation with the mission to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040. We are active in eight countries across four continents and are growing rapidly. We work with governments, private companies, public institutions, medical professionals, and the public to help the world transition to a more plant-based society and economy that is sustainable for humans, animals, and our planet.
Reports to: International Head of Food Industry & Retail
Department: Food Industry & Retail International
Location: Remote or Berlin
Hours: 40 hours per week
Application deadline: open until filled
Phone interviews: flexible
Face to face interviews: flexible
Start date: ASAP or January 2020
We are looking for an inquisitive and knowledgeable personality who will be responsible for market research within an exciting Horizon 2020 EU project which aims to develop innovative, consumer-ready products based on plant-based proteins that have a high chance of widespread success. By gaining a comprehensive understanding of the competitive and consumer landscapes you will be able to identify the untapped potential for new product development as well as which levers to pull in order to increase trust and consumer acceptance of plant-based products. The successful applicant will take a hands-on approach, will be able to cope with uncertainties, and will be capable of setting up structures if none exist. They will need to be flexible, adept at multitasking, and must love a challenge.
- Keep abreast of recent developments and trends in the food sector, with a focus on new protein sources.
- Systematic gathering and evaluation of market data.
- Mapping of current consumer trends and developments in relation to food and drink for both retail and food-service industries, gauged from publicly available research agency reports, institutional and academic publications, and the ProVeg news-tracking database
- Plan, coordinate, and implement a consumer survey in multiple European markets as well as China, in collaboration with a market research agency, in order to investigate consumer trust and acceptance of innovative plant-based products and/or ingredients
- For the consumer survey, develop and validate a questionnaire addressing individual consumers’ awareness, attitudes, values, habits, choice motives, food-technology neophobia, potential facilitators/barriers, consumer trust, acceptance, evoked emotions, and other relevant behavioural indicators towards alternative protein sources and innovative plant-based products.
- Oversee the implementation of a market-sizing study in different European markets in collaboration with a market research agency in order to map out the revenue generated and the products and players currently operating in the plant-based space, split by category, with the ultimate aim of determining lucrative, high-impact, and differentiated market-entry strategies.
- Screen food industry news portals in order to keep the ProVeg Food Industry News Tracking Database up to date.
- Compilation of the latest best practices in the innovation sector of the food and technology carrying out an in-depth analysis of successful cases and benchmarking success factors through qualitative evaluation.
- Develop and implement further surveys, questionnaires, and rankings.
- Preparation of reports and presentations.
- Support the consulting of companies to expand into the plant-based market.
- Cooperation and dialogue with market research agencies, research networks, and universities.
- Self-starter personality with an inquisitive nature.
- Relevant academic education (MSc. or PhD. level) in business, consumer research or other relevant fields.
- 3+ years of experience in research, preferably in the food industry field
- Understanding of food trends, data, and developments.
- Excellent knowledge of research methodologies and evaluation.
- Analytical, conceptual, and editorial skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office or similar software.
- Excellent written and spoken English-language skills.
- Strong collaborative skills, with the ability to thrive in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including confident demeanour.
- The successful applicant will be a pragmatic go-getter who is flexible and loves taking on challenges in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively
- Willingness to take on additional tasks as and when they arise
- Identification with the values and goals of ProVeg International
- Experience with Data Analytics and Market Research Software
- Knowledge about the latest trends in the plant-based food industry
Benefits of working with us
- A strong organisational focus on personal development and designated training budget.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- A delicious and healthy vegan lunch every day as well as a regular supply of fresh fruit at our Berlin office.
- And, last but not least: become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees, and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our Application Procedure
Your application should include a cover letter and CV. Send us your application using our online form: https://proveg-jobs.personio.de/job/155383?_pc=13652#apply
If you have successfully made it to the long list of applicants, you will be invited you for a phone interview, usually within two weeks of the application deadline. Following a successful shortlisting, the next steps will be:
- An online task.
- A face-to-face interview (remote possible).
- If applicable, an optional ‘trial day’ that includes the handling of tasks that are typical for the role you’re applying for. This step helps us to get to know you and your way of working a little better and gives you a chance to get a full picture of the job and the organisation.
- The final decision may require an additional interview, usually with Senior Management.
About ProVeg e.V.
ProVeg International is a food awareness organisation with the mission to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040. We launched earlier this year and are active in four different countries – the UK, Germany, Poland, and Spain – with more to follow in 2018. With effective campaigns, international events and other innovative projects, ProVeg supports a transition to plant-based living, providing the public with practical help, tips and information in order to make more informed dietary choices. Animal Charity Evaluators rates ProVeg as one of the most effective organisations working against animal suffering in Europe.