The Event and Office Manager works in the first food incubator in Germany that focuses on helping promising plant and cell-based startups to grow successfully. The manager administers and coordinates internal and external events at the incubator space and handles the main administrative tasks at space. The objective is to build up and administer a thriving community at the space that integrates startups, ProVeg teams and partners. The role and it’s tasks are extremely varied and can extend beyond the key tasks below, in order to support the development of our ambitious endeavour.
– Plan, create and organize a variety of events at the incubator space
– Coordinate and support the organization of internal events together with ProVeg’s executive office and different departments
– Administer and coordinate external events with ProVeg’s partners
– Create a long-term marketing/PR and sales strategy for the incubator venue and implement it
– Administer and develop online and offline marketing channels for the incubator space
– Assist Incubator Head with varied administrative and operative tasks as needed
– Handle administrative and operative tasks to ensure the smooth running of incubator space
– Manage contracts, invoicing and expenditures of the facility
– Excellent project planning and event management skills
– Flexibility, ability to adapt to new tasks quickly and easily
– Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
– Great team player and strong work ethic
– Be well organised and thrive on coordinating a wide range of tasks within tight timescales
– Communicating effectively with a wide range of people, both in person and via telephone
– Care passionately about the aims of the organisation
– Willingness to take over additional tasks as when they arise
– Proven experience with a minimum of three years of working in project/event management
– Excellent communication skills in English and German preferred
Reports to: Head of the ProVeg Incubator
Department: ProVeg Incubator
Hours: 40h per week
Application deadline: 30 June 2019
Phone interviews: Beginning of July
Face to face interviews: Mid of July
Start date: September 2019
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
About ProVeg International
ProVeg is an international food awareness organisation with the mission to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040. We are active in eight countries across four continents and are growing rapidly. We work with governments, private companies, public institutions, medical professionals, and the public to help the world transition to a more plant-based society and economy that is sustainable for humans, animals, and our planet.
We base our strategy on empirically-based evidence whenever possible. We seek to stay abreast of the latest research to inform our strategic considerations and outreach materials. We evaluate all of our programs to make sure we are allocating our resources in the best way to reach our goal.
ProVeg fosters a culture in which challenges become opportunities to learn through constructive feedback. Changing the global food system is a big task, and we seek out team members who think outside the box. Creative thinking and critical problem-solving skills are vital to accomplishing our ambitious goals. We believe that an organisation that includes all types of voices is a more effective organisation.