ProVeg Incubator is the world’s first incubator to exclusively support plant-based and cultured food startups. The job of the Incubator team is to recruit and support the best startups in this sector, equipping them with the skills they need to grow their businesses, secure investment, and launch products and services.
To successfully fulfil that mission, impactful marketing and effective communications are crucial. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Marketing & Communications Manager in delivering campaigns and activities to raise awareness of the Incubator and target high-quality startups to join the accelerator programme.
This will involve drafting content for Incubator channels and external publications, updating platforms such as social media and the Incubator blog, identifying new channels the Incubator can use for promotion, and any other tasks relevant to marketing and communications.
- Draft engaging copy for the ProVeg Incubator digital channels, including social media (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube), blog, and website.
- Research and produce content focused on the Incubator and alumni startups for use by external publications, liaising with the Marketing & Communications Manager.
- Contribute to the success of marketing activities by inputting to the annual content plan and ensuring channels are kept up to date.
- Support the Marketing & Communications Manager in the delivery of a monthly e-newsletter.
Identify new communications and marketing opportunities for the Incubator such as magazines, blogs, newsletters, online influencers, etc.
- Contribute to communications activities that support our annual calendar of ProVeg Incubator events.
Support the Incubator team by taking on varied tasks when needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impressive copywriting skills and the ability to deliver creative content for a range of platforms
- Enthusiasm, passion, and a genuine interest for the field of marketing and communications
- A positive, proactive, and enthusiastic attitude towards work
- Flexibility, a willingness to learn, and the ability to adapt quickly to new tasks
- A good team player with strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of and alignment with ProVeg International’s vision and mission
- Willingness to take over additional tasks as and when they arise
- Fluency in English (native speakers preferred)
- Qualification or experience in marketing, communications, or PR would be advantageous
- Experience in graphic design, videography, or photography
- Experience or interest in the food industry and/or startup sector
- Additional European languages, particularly German, are a plus
About ProVeg International
Benefits about working with us:
We are a very driven team striving to create a world in which people make healthy and delicious food choices that are beneficial for all humans, animals, and the planet. Harmonious and effective teamwork and pleasant work culture are important to us. We value candour, mindfulness, tolerance, as well as high commitment and willingness to learn. ProVeg South Africa offers you the chance to do the most good for animals, in the most effective way possible, and to promote and accelerate the transition to a sustainable society.
We are an NPO with limited funding, and at this stage, our salaries may not be able to compete with more established non-profit organisations. The position is however a rare opportunity to be paid to work in this movement and to be part of an international pro-vegan advocacy organisation.
Start: as soon as possible (please indicate available period)
Period: BFD min. 6 to max. 18 months, voluntary internships 3 months, compulsory internships up to 6 months
Our Application Procedure
Your application should include a cover letter and CV. Please tell us how you found this job ad. Please submit your application using our online form. (https://proveg.com/jobs/) Thank you!
If you have successfully made it to the long list of applicants, you will be invited for a phone interview, usually within two weeks of the application deadline. Should you be shortlisted, the next steps will be:
- An online task.
- A virtual face-to-face interview.
- If applicable, an optional ‘trial day”, that includes the handling of tasks that are typical for the role you are applying for. This step helps us to get to know you and your way of working better and gives you a chance to get a full picture of the job and our organisation.
- The final decision may require an additional interview, usually with Senior Management.
ProVeg is an international food awareness organisation working to transform the global food system by replacing conventional animal products with plant-based and cultivated alternatives. ProVeg works with companies, governments, public institutions, medical professionals, the media, and the public to help the world transition to a society and economy that are less dependent on animal agriculture and more sustainable for humans, animals, and our planet.
We base our strategy on empirically-based evidence whenever possible. We seek to stay abreast of the latest research to inform our strategic considerations and outreach materials. We evaluate all of our programs to make sure we are allocating our resources in the best way to reach our goal.
ProVeg fosters a culture in which challenges become opportunities to learn and thrive. Because changing the global food system is a huge undertaking, we are looking for new team members who are pragmatic and professional and who are willing to step out of their comfort zone when needed. Critical problem-solving skills, team spirit, and creativity are all vital to accomplishing our ambitious goals.
DEI (diversity, equity, inclusion) Statement
ProVeg is committed to assessing applicants equitably, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, neurodiversity, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.