Do you have experience with volunteering, either as a volunteer yourself or as a volunteer coordinator? Do you enjoy communicating with people? Perhaps you have even gained experience volunteering with a ProVeg regional volunteer group? You don’t hesitate to tackle any problem, big or small, and quickly find the best solutions? If you like to work in an organised, structured, and independent manner and have a passion for helping others, then the maternity-cover Volunteer Coordinator role is for you
The ProVeg Volunteer Network
Our regional volunteer groups are committed to the plant-based movement throughout Germany. They organise information stands, regular meetings, summer parties, film evenings, and much more on a voluntary basis and thus influence their regions with ProVeg’s values. The Volunteer Coordinator is there to support, strengthen, and expand the fantastic work of our volunteers, both in Germany and internationally.
- Administration (database maintenance, website maintenance, setting up email addresses/mailboxes, Facebook pages).
- Volunteer support (answering questions, initial telephone conversations).
- Communicating with external partners and internal departments (Fundraising, Communications, Campaigning, etc.).
- Managing the resources platform, creating and updating documents (guidelines, agreements, forms, certificates of volunteering).
- Coordinating the dispatch of information material (invoicing, packing parcels, communication with Office Management and Merchandise Department).
- Planning and implementing volunteer training and networking events.
- Public relations (writing articles for the ProVeg magazine and website, creating a monthly volunteer newsletter).
- Supporting the development of information material.
- Supporting the coordination of national and international campaigns (Vegan Bake Sale, Save the Goose, Vegan Barbecue etc.).
- Proven experience, with a minimum of two years of working in Volunteer Coordination, people management, or a comparable field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with volunteer and staff issues in a respectful and compassionate way.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills, with an excellent eye for detail.
- A positive, proactive, and enthusiastic work attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German, as well as good English-language skills.
- Competent in MS Office and G Suite.
- Maintaining confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress.
- Good understanding of and alignment with ProVeg International’s vision and mission.
- Personal volunteering experience
Benefits of working with us
- A strong organisational focus on personal development and designated training budget.
- Flexibility around working arrangements.
- Delicious and healthy vegan lunch every day at our Berlin office, unlimited supply of fresh fruits.
- And last but not least: Become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet.
About ProVeg International
ProVeg International is a food awareness organisation with the mission to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040. We launched earlier this year and are active in four different countries – the UK, Germany, Poland, and Spain – with more to follow in 2018. With effective campaigns, international events and other innovative projects, ProVeg supports a transition to plant-based living, providing the public with practical help, tips and information in order to make more informed dietary choices. Animal Charity Evaluators rates ProVeg as one of the most effective organisations working against animal suffering in Europe.