Are you knowledgable about nutrition? Would you like to use your knowledge to convince as many people as possible of the benefits of a plant-based lifestyle? Would you like to get to know and support a fast-growing, internationally active and effective NGO and its day-to-day operations? If you enjoy research and preparing information and would like to create a stable foundation for the work of ProVeg, and thus scientifically advance plant-based living, then this is the position for you!
- Professional assessment of nutritional issues.
- Participation in writing articles and position papers.
- Compiling background information.
- Evaluation of scientific publications.
- Monitoring and evaluating scientific and public debates on nutrition.
- Answering nutritional questions.
- Networking with other institutions and scientists.
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in nutritional science or a comparable degree.
- You have a very good command of spoken and written English.
- You work independently and responsibly.
- You are well versed in the advantages and unique aspects of plant-based nutrition.
- Knowledge of the latest progress in nutrition studies is beneficial
- You identify with the goals of ProVeg.
Start: as soon as possible (please indicate available period)
Period: BFD min. 6 to max. 18 months, voluntary internships 3 months, compulsory internships up to 6 months
About ProVeg International
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
What we offer
- The opportunity to develop your own skills, acquire new competences and gain valuable experience
- Freedom to contribute your own ideas
- Flexibility in the structuring of employment relationships
- Daily tasty and healthy vegan lunch in our Berlin office
- Continuous support and individual encouragement by a superior
- Become part of a great team and work with us on a world where everyone chooses tasty and healthy food that is good for all people, animals and our planet.
Advantages of a BFD
- Receipt of a monthly allowance
- Benefits through an exclusive volunteer pass, including a discount on the BVG ticket and discounts on admission to museums, cinemas and much more
- Extensive further training opportunities in the form of seminar participation (daily and weekly seminars), which can be selected according to personal interests
- Guarantee of social security and accident insurance
- Continued support and individual encouragement by the supervisor
- The opportunity to develop one's own skills, gain new competences and gain valuable experience.
- Become not only part of a great team, but also part of a movement that drives decisive social change!
ProVeg is an international food awareness organisation working to transform the global food system by replacing conventional animal products with plant-based and cultivated alternatives. ProVeg works with companies, governments, public institutions, medical professionals, the media, and the public to help the world transition to a society and economy that are less dependent on animal agriculture and more sustainable for humans, animals, and our planet.
We base our strategy on empirically-based evidence whenever possible. We seek to stay abreast of the latest research to inform our strategic considerations and outreach materials. We evaluate all of our programs to make sure we are allocating our resources in the best way to reach our goal.
ProVeg fosters a culture in which challenges become opportunities to learn and thrive. Because changing the global food system is a huge undertaking, we are looking for new team members who are pragmatic and professional and who are willing to step out of their comfort zone when needed. Critical problem-solving skills, team spirit, and creativity are all vital to accomplishing our ambitious goals
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees, and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.