The ProVeg Incubator is the world’s first and among the leading incubator and accelerator programmes for plant-based, fermentation and cultivated food startups. Our team supports pioneering entrepreneurs to build and grow impactful food and food-tech companies, launch products and secure investment. As part of the International food awareness organisation ProVeg International, our mission is to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040.
You will work closely with a diverse team to support some of the best alternative protein startups globally. The role varies, extending beyond the key tasks below to include whatever is required for this ambitious endeavour.
Reports to: Senior Innovation and Partnerships Manager
Department: ProVeg Incubator
Location: Berlin, Germany
Duration: Minimum 6 months, 1 year or more preferred
- Organize and support with community activities, workshops and other services for the startups throughout the 12-week programme
- Actively engage with founders from all over the world
- Assist programme management and organization at the incubator
- Develop and maintain company and other contact databases
- Carry out market research, surveys and document metrics which measure incubator and startup performance
- Support incubator channels of communication, documents, and databases
- Support event management
- Support the incubator team by taking on varied projects tasks when needed
- Hands-on mentality, detail oriented and well-organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to take on new tasks and responsibilities
- Readiness to learn and gain a comprehensive understanding of the food industry as well as the startup ecosystem
- Strong work ethics
- Passion for the future of food and innovation
- Experience in project or programme management
- Interest and experience in startup sector
- Interest and experience in non-profit organizations
- Fluency in both German and English
About ProVeg International
Benefits of working with us
- Receipt of a monthly allowance
- Benefits through an exclusive volunteer pass, including a discount on the BVG ticket and discounts on admission to museums, cinemas and much more.
- Extensive further training opportunities in the form of seminar participation (daily and weekly seminars), which can be selected according to personal interests.
- Guarantee of social security and accident insurance
- Continued support and individual encouragement by a supervisor
- Insights into the work of one of the leading food tech incubators in the world as well as the most successful NGOs in Germany
- The opportunity to develop one's own skills, gain new competences and gain valuable experience.
- Become not only part of a great team, but also part of a movement that drives decisive social change!
Start: from October 2022 (ideally)
Your application should include a cover letter, a CV and work certificates. Please tell us how you found this job ad! Please send us your application using our online form. (https://proveg.com/jobs/) Thank you!
The upcoming steps include:
- Online trial tasks
- A personal interview and an optional “trial day”, that includes the handling of tasks that are typical for the role you are applying for. If you are not from Berlin you can do this tasks at home. That helps us to get to know you and your way of working better and gives you a chance to get a full picture of the job and us
- The final decision may need an extra interview.
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply. Since July 2021, ProVeg has participated in the Inklupreneur project and has set the goal of creating nine inclusive positions for people with disabilities over the next three years.