The ProVeg Incubator is the world’s first and among the leading Incubator and accelerator programmes for plant-based, fermentation and cultivated food startups. Our team supports pioneering entrepreneurs to build and grow impactful food and food-tech companies, launch products and services and secure investment. As part of the International food awareness organisation ProVeg International, our mission is to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040.
The Investment Associate will play a key role in driving due diligence and other aspects of the investment processes for the ProVeg Incubator. To succeed in this position, you should have a strong understanding of financial statements, prior relevant experience, an analytical mindset, good communication skills and be passionate about working towards building a more sustainable food system.
- Job title: Investment Associate
- Reports to: Senior Investment Manager
- Department: ProVeg Incubator
- Location: Berlin, Germany (or remotely from within Germany)
- Hours: 40h per week
- Contribute to all aspects of investment dealflow, especially evaluation and due diligence of early-stage startups in the alternative protein space
- Drive the due diligence process to derive recommendations on investment decisions. This involves engaging with startup founders to understand business strategies, reviewing information in the data room, executing financial and commercial analyses and company valuations
- Prepare an investment report to record the findings and execute other parts of the investment process independently
- Periodically engage with our portfolio companies, analyse performance indicators and monitor key developments
- Research emerging trends and markets within the alternative protein space to facilitate and inform our investment decisions
- Identify and assess new disruptive alt-protein startups, products, services and processes
- Support the ProVeg Incubator team by taking on other varied tasks as required
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience in private equity, venture capital, investment banking, asset management, management consulting, or corporate development of an industrial company.
- A degree in finance, accounting, business administration, economics, entrepreneurship, management or a similar background from an established university
- Knowledge of financial statements, building financial models and high proficiency in using spreadsheets & presentations
- An analytical thinker, structured working style and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Mission-aligned, self-motivated, and able to direct your own work
- Strong passion for food innovation and startup ecosystem
- A proactive and enthusiastic team player with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Flexibility, a willingness to learn and the ability to adapt quickly to new tasks
- Fluency in English
About ProVeg International
Benefits of working with us
- The opportunity to work closely with startups globally that are trying to influence the future of our food systems
- Build a strong foundation for a career in venture capital and impact investments
- Become part of a great team in one of the world’s leading incubators for alternative proteins startups globally
- Strong organisational focus on personal development and designated training budget with plenty of room for initiative, independence and responsibility
- Flexible, trust-based working arrangements and home office arrangements
- And last but not least: become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet!
- Application deadline: 31 May 2022
- Start: June 2022
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. ProVeg has been participating in the Inklupreneur project since July 2021 pledged to create nine inclusive positions for people with disabilities in the next three years.
Our Application Procedure
Your application should include a cover letter and CV. Please submit your application in English or German using our online form, and tell us how you found this job ad. (https://proveg.com/jobs/) Thank you!
If you have made it to the long list of applicants, you will be invited for a phone interview, usually within two weeks of the application deadline. Should you be shortlisted, the next steps will be:
- An online task
- Remote video interview
- If applicable, an optional ‘trial day’, that includes the handling of tasks that are typical for the role you are applying for. This step helps us to get to know you and your way of working better and gives you a chance to get a full picture of the job and the organisation. (remote possible)
- The final decision may require an additional interview, usually with Senior Management