The main part of the job (appr. 20h/week) will be to coordinate the communication and event planning activities of ProVeg’s contribution to the EIT Food project “The V-Place”. Apart from finding the most effective and engaging ways to disseminate the project’s findings and B2C-content to the target audience, the postholder will act as the interface between the project consortium and ProVeg’s European branches and internal departments as well as external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will help to assure project funding for the next year by seeking for synergies between the project and other ProVeg activities in order to achieve the highest impact for our shared goals with EIT Food and the project consortium.
The second part of the role focuses on our B2B core work which consists of consulting companies on the plant-based market and its consumers, establishing collaborations with actors in the plant-based sector and multiplicators like trade press and organisations in the field. But also preparation work like desk-research and creating attractive presentations is required. The focus of the second part of your role can be shaped to your strengths and interests and is a great opportunity for versatile impact-seekers with a hands-on attitude.
As Food Industry Project Manager, you should have a structured way of working. We are looking for a proactive communicator (mail, telephone or face-to-face at events), who is comfortable handling various different tasks at the same time.
- Reports to: Senior Project Manager
- Department: Food Industry & Retail Germany
- Location: Berlin, Germany preferred; remote start
- Hours: 40 hours per week
1. Coordinating ProVeg’s participation in “The V-Place” project
- Ensuring the deliverables of the project partnership are achieved efficiently and in time
- Representing ProVeg in the project consortium and ProVeg’s participating role externally
- Internal coordination and communication with relevant ProVeg departments and countries in order to achieve an optimal impact for the project: Effective and efficient country branch engagement; Reminding colleagues of outstanding tasks, and offer support where possible; Investigating bottlenecks and finding ways to improve processes, planning and reporting
- Working with fundraising and other colleagues to develop further project funding opportunities, and actively pursue opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and corporate giving.
2. Engaging with important private sector entities to make a supply-side impact for the future of plant-based and cell-based food, including German companies and their brands, and retailers.
- Communication with corporate partners
- Undertaking smaller consulting projects independently
- Internal project management and flexibility to support the Food Industry Team in their projects when needed
- Supporting in expanding ProVeg’s business network and engaging with strategic partners that help us to achieve our goals, by speaking at or attending events (fairs, conferences or other fora)
- Supporting in the delivery of our most impactful consultancies
- Supporting in the delivery of research projects that build the foundation of our consulting and publication work
- Relevant university degree in business, event management, marketing, communications or other relevant fields.
- Willingness to learn and gain a comprehensive understanding of the plant-based business landscape
- Communication and interpersonal skills, seeking to build fruitful relationships.
- Excellent German language skills
- Business fluent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Identifies with ProVeg’s goals.
- 2 years working experience in the food industry, ideally with a talent for or experience in communications and/or event management
- Combining an independent, structured work style with a curious, creative nature to find new solutions.
- Knowledge of or strong interest in the plant-based and cell-based food sector, as well as an understanding of the obstacles to overcome.
- Resilience and proactive attitude, comfortable with challenging the status quo and hands-on problem solving ability.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively.
- Comfortable working remotely in a growing and evolving organization.
- Willingness to travel.
- Knowledge of the cellular agriculture sector
- Knowledge of public and private project funding landscape
About ProVeg International
Benefits of working with us
- A strong organisational focus on personal development with a designated training budget.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- And last but not least: become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and the planet.
Our Application Procedure
Your application should include a cover letter and CV. Please tell us how you found this job ad! Please send us your application using our online form. (https://proveg.com/jobs/) Thank you!
If you have successfully made it to the long-list, we will invite you to complete an online trial task. Following the successful shortlisting, the next steps would be:
- A phone interview
- A personal interview via video conference tool
- If applicable an optional “trial day”, that includes the handling of tasks that are typical for the role you are applying for and getting to know the team. Due to the current restrictions we are asking you to do this remotely. This step helps us to get to know you and your way of working better and gives you a chance to get a full picture of the job and us
- The final decision may require an additional interview, usually with Senior Management
ProVeg is an international food awareness organisation working to transform the global food system by replacing conventional animal products with plant-based and cultivated alternatives. ProVeg works with companies, governments, public institutions, medical professionals, the media, and the public to help the world transition to a society and economy that are less dependent on animal agriculture and more sustainable for humans, animals, and our planet.
We base our strategy on empirically-based evidence whenever possible. We seek to stay abreast of the latest research to inform our strategic considerations and outreach materials. We evaluate all of our programs to make sure we are allocating our resources in the best way to reach our goal.
ProVeg fosters a culture in which challenges become opportunities to learn and thrive. Because changing the global food system is a huge undertaking, we are looking for new team members who are pragmatic and professional and who are willing to step out of their comfort zone when needed. Critical problem-solving skills, team spirit, and creativity are all vital to accomplishing our ambitious goals
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees, and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.