As a growing international food awareness organisation, many different challenges await you at ProVeg in the role of Office Manager. Besides ensuring the smooth running of ProVeg office in Berlin, you would be responsible for optimising the operational processes of our office, coordinating with external service providers and being the go-to person if help is needed in the office.
– General front-office duties (phone calls, delivery, mail handling – in and out-coming).
– Resource-saving planning, the careful selection and evaluation of sources and products, taking into account the values of ProVeg.
– Travel management – management of the external travel agency, booking of additional services (DB, Flixbus, non-German train connections, apartments), administration of the Airbnb Business Account, contact for all questions concerning professional travel organisation.
– Organisation of office space usage – planning the use of space, as well as onboard and offboarding processes at the office level.
– Logistics – Instructions for incoming and outgoing mail, including international shipping, express shipping, receiving and distribution of goods, supervision of storage areas.
– Facility management – Contact to the property management, coordination and supervision of service providers around the office.
– Ongoing further development of all task areas for more effective use of resources – research.
– Resilience, coping with pressure and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
– Talent for managing and prioritizing tasks (efficient, independent, reliable, flexible), experience with project management software
– Competent handling of common office software (MS-Office, Google-Docs,…).
– Ability to learn procedures quickly and efficiently and creativity to modify existing processes to improve general workflows
– Strong collaboration and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive in a team and to develop and maintain positive employee relations.
– Economical and resource-saving way of thinking/attitude (time, money, material).
– Solution orientation and hands-on mentality.
– Very good communication skills (NVC, target-oriented, pragmatic and helpful)
– Fluent in spoken and written German (native level) and English (very good skills).
– Integrity and discretion.
– Identification with the objectives of ProVeg.
– Completed commercial vocational training
– Previous work experience in an NGO sector
Benefits of working with us
– A strong organisational focus on personal development and designated training budget.
– Flexibility around working arrangements.
– Delicious and healthy vegan lunch every day at our Berlin office, unlimited supply of fresh fruits.
And last but not least: Become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet.
Application deadline: open until filled
Phone interviews: flexible
Face to face interviews: flexible
Start date: ASAP
Department: Office Management
Hours: 20h per week
Contract: Two years, with the possibility of extension
Salary range: 12 000 – 14 000 € annual brutto salary for 20h/week (depending on experience and qualification)
Your application should include a cover letter and CV and can be submitted in either German or English.
If you have successfully made it to the long list of applicants, you will be invited you for a phone interview Following the successful shortlisting, the next steps would be:
1. Online task
2. A face-to-face interview
3. If applicable an optional “trial day”, that includes the handling of tasks that are typical for the role you are applying for. This step helps us to get to know you and your way of working better and gives you a chance to get a full picture of the job and us
The final decision may require an additional interview, usually with Senior Management
About ProVeg International
ProVeg is an international food awareness organisation with the mission to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040. We are active in eight countries across four continents and are growing rapidly. We work with governments, private companies, public institutions, medical professionals, and the public to help the world transition to a more plant-based society and economy that is sustainable for humans, animals, and our planet.
We base our strategy on empirically-based evidence whenever possible. We seek to stay abreast of the latest research to inform our strategic considerations and outreach materials. We evaluate all of our programs to make sure we are allocating our resources in the best way to reach our goal.
ProVeg fosters a culture in which challenges become opportunities to learn through constructive feedback. Changing the global food system is a big task, and we seek out team members who think outside the box. Creative thinking and critical problem-solving skills are vital to accomplishing our ambitious goals. We believe that an organisation that includes all types of voices is a more effective organisation.