Are you passionate about a plant-based lifestyle? Do you want to use your expertise in campaigning, social media, and general communications to spread the plant-based message in Spain, and make a real difference for animals, our health, society, and the planet? Does the prospect of joining and contributing to a global plant-based organisation excite you? If so, we invite you to apply for this position at ProVeg.
As the current Communications Manager was promoted internally, ProVeg Spain is now looking for an experienced communications and campaigning professional to help us to get our message to a mainstream audience in Spain. The campaigns coordinator will be responsible for expanding a strong online community, enabling more supporter engagement and, in the next year, start increasing financial support.
The candidate will devise campaigns and communications strategies, and work closely with ProVeg International to ensure our messages and projects in Spain are aligned with our global vision and mission. The candidate will also support and contribute to the VeggieWorld event in Spain, by being responsible for the promotion of the fair and its activities programme.
- Creating, adapting, planning, and delivering campaigns for ProVeg Spain
- Developing an overarching online supporter-focused communication strategy that is effective, impactful, and target-audience-specific:
- Using the power of stories, visual messages, branding, humour, and articles to reach a diverse audience.
- Coordinating digital, social media, and print communications that are tailored to the specificities of the target audience.
- Working with external suppliers to provide creative, print, content, and consultancy services.
- Working together with ProVeg International to manage the content on the ProVeg Spain website.
- Maintaining the ProVeg blog, as well as generating and finding content.
- Managing the ProVeg newsletters.
- Preparing monthly internal reporting on key communications targets and performance, and (if required) ad hoc external reporting to donors, sponsors, and other stakeholders.
- Managing the communications and campaigns budgets.
- Taking charge of the marketing and programme activities for the VeggieWorld events in Spain.
- A relevant degree in communications, marketing, media studies or similar.
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills, with great attention to detail.
- A strong work ethic, with the ability to work independently.
- A self-starter personality, with a curious and creative nature and a drive to continuously improve.
- A comprehensive understanding of the social media landscape.
- Native-level Spanish and strong English-language skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt to new tasks quickly and easily.
- Strong identification with our vision and mission.
- Organised and oriented towards problem-solving.
- Positive communications approach.
- Proven experience, with a minimum of two years of working in communications, campaigning, or any related field.
- Experience in maintaining budgets and or basic bookkeeping is an advantage.
- Previous experience in a non-profit organization.
- Experience with a mass email platform (e.g. Mailchimp).
- Basic designs skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of SEO-friendly writing.
Benefits of working with us
- A strong organisational focus on personal development, with a designated training budget.
- Flexibility around working arrangements.
- And, last but not least, become part of a great team and work with us in building a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet.
Application deadline: 23 June 2019
Phone interviews: 24-27 June 2019
Face-to-face interviews: 1-5 July 2019
Starting date: July 2019
Reports to: Country Manager, ProVeg Spain
Department: ProVeg Spain
Hours: 40h per week
Salary range: 21.000 € – 24.000 €
Duration: 1 year (with a possibility to extend the contract)
Our Application Procedure
Your application should include a cover letter, a CV, and relevant work certificates. end us your application using our online form (https://proveg.com/jobs) and please tell us how you found this job ad. Thank you!
Once you’ve applied, the following steps include:
- An online test.
- An initial phone interview.
- An online trial task.
- A personal interview and an optional trial day that includes the handling of tasks that are typical for the role you are applying for.
- The final decision may require an extra interview.
About ProVeg International
ProVeg is an international food awareness organisation with the mission to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040. We are active in eight countries across four continents and are growing rapidly. We work with governments, private companies, public institutions, medical professionals, and the public to help the world transition to a more plant-based society and economy that is sustainable for humans, animals, and our planet.
We base our strategy on empirically-based evidence whenever possible. We seek to stay abreast of the latest research to inform our strategic considerations and outreach materials. We evaluate all of our programs to make sure we are allocating our resources in the best way to reach our goal.
ProVeg fosters a culture in which challenges become opportunities to learn through constructive feedback. Changing the global food system is a big task, and we seek out team members who think outside the box. Creative thinking and critical problem-solving skills are vital to accomplishing our ambitious goals. We believe that an organisation that includes all types of voices is a more effective organisation.