We are looking for a market and consumer research professional who is experienced in both qualitative and quantitative research methodology, and has particular experience in designing, conducting and analysing consumer surveys, drawing key insights from this data. By gaining a comprehensive understanding of the consumer landscapes you will be able to identify the untapped potential for new product development as well as which levers to pull in order to increase trust and consumer acceptance of plant-based and cellular agriculture products. The successful applicant will take a hands-on approach, and will be comfortable working independently on projects.
Reports to: International Head of Food Industry & Retail
Department: Food Industry & Retail International
Salary: £28-34k depending on experience and location (this salary would be for a UK-based position)
Location: Remote (ideally in the UK, NL, BE, DE, PL, CZ, or ES)
Hours: 40 hours per week
- Plan, design, coordinate, and implement consumer surveys in multiple European, USA and Asian markets to investigate consumer trust and acceptance of innovative plant-based products and/or ingredients.
- Draw key insights from consumer research data and analysis for use in B2B communications and on the New Food Content Hub.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis with Food Industry & Retail companies to produce rankings and reports which accurately illustrate their engagement in alternative proteins.
- Keep abreast of recent developments and trends in the food sector, with a focus on new protein sources.
- Mapping of current consumer trends and developments in relation to food and drink for both retail and food-service industries, gauged from publicly available research agency reports, institutional and academic publications, and the ProVeg news-tracking database.
- Preparation of reports and presentations.
- Communicating key research findings through speaking opportunities and dedicated webinars.
- Self-starter personality with an inquisitive nature.
- Relevant academic education in business, consumer research or insights, market research or other relevant fields.
- 2+ years of experience in consumer/market research, preferably in the food industry field.
- Understanding of food trends, data, and developments.
- Excellent knowledge of research methodologies and evaluation.
- Track record of published data (NGO, government or corporate reports or academic papers)
- Consumer survey design experience
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel or similar software.
- Excellent written and spoken English-language skills, including ability to translate complex data and concepts into easy-to-understand information for various audiences
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively
- Willingness to take on additional tasks as and when they arise
- Identification with the values and goals of ProVeg International
- Experience with Data Analytics and Market Research Software
- Knowledge about the latest trends in the plant-based, fermentation-enabled and cellular agriculture protein industry
Application deadline: 20 March 2022
Phone interviews: end of March 2022
Face to face interviews: the beginning of April 2022
Start date: April/May 2022
About ProVeg International
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- A strong organisationalfocus on personal development and designated training budget.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- And, last but not least: become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet
Your application should include a cover letter and CV. Send us your application using our online form, and please tell us how you found this job ad. (https://proveg.com/jobs/) Thank you!
If you have successfully made it to the long list of applicants, you will be invited for a phone interview with the HR team, usually within two weeks of the application deadline. Following a successful shortlisting, the next steps will be:
1. An online task.
2. An online interview with the International Head of Food Industry & Retail
3. If applicable, an optional ‘trial day’ that includes the handling of tasks that are typical for the role you’re applying for. This step helps us to get to know you and your way of working a little better and gives you a chance to get a full picture of the job and the organisation.
4. The final decision may require an additional interview, usually with Senior Management.
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees, and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply for this position
ProVeg International is a food awareness organisation working to transform the global food system by replacing animal-based products with plant-based and cultured alternatives. We work with decision-making bodies, companies, investors, the media, and the general public to help the world transition to a society and economy that are less reliant on animal agriculture and more sustainable for all humans, animals, and our planet. We have offices in nine countries across four continents and are active around the world. ProVeg has a permanent observer status with the UNFCCC, special consultative status with ECOSOC, is accredited for UNEA, and has received the United Nations’ Momentum for Change Award.
We base our strategy on empirically-based evidence whenever possible. We seek to stay abreast of the latest research to inform our strategic considerations and outreach materials. We evaluate all of our programs to make sure we are allocating our resources in the best way to reach our goal.
ProVeg fosters a culture in which challenges become opportunities to learn and thrive. Because changing the global food system is a huge undertaking, we are looking for new team members who are pragmatic and professional and who are willing to step out of their comfort zone when needed. Critical problem-solving skills, team spirit, and creativity are all vital to accomplishing our ambitious goals.