The ProVeg Incubator is the world’s first and among the leading Incubator and accelerator programmes for plant-based, fermentation and cultivated food startups. Our team supports pioneering entrepreneurs to build and grow impactful food and food-tech companies, launch products and services and secure investment. As part of the International food awareness organisation ProVeg International, our mission is to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040.
We are currently looking for a Programme Manager to join the team as early as possible. In this position you will take charge of administering and building a central piece of the ProVeg Incubator – the programme – and will have hands-on exchange with some of the most exciting startups working in food tech globally and are able to bring in your own ideas.To succeed in this position, you should have a strong understanding of the food startup ecosystem, great communication skills and be passionate about working towards building a more sustainable food system with us.
Role: Permanent, Full-time
Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: Remote (ideally in Poland, Netherlands, UK, South Africa, Czechia or Germany)
Reports to: Senior Innovation and Partnerships Manager
- Develop, plan and host the programme curriculum for startups at the Incubator
- Manage and build ProVeg Incubator’s global mentor and alumni network
- Coach and support startups throughout the program as well as alumni, e.g. on fundraising, go-to-market and strategy
- Coordinate the selection process of the startups and their further development
- Develop OKRs and KPIs, monitor and evaluate the services offered and the impact generated at the Incubator
- Monitor alternative protein and food-tech startup scene to find and engage promising talent and startup teams early on
- Generate deal flow by attending conferences, networking with organizations, mentors, investors, experts, etc.
- Interface with ProVeg to provide startups access to the ProVeg network and services
- At least 1-2 years experience in programme management/project management ideally at an incubator or accelerator or similar institution
- Degree in Business Administration, Economics or related field
- Excellent organisational, planning, time management and prioritization skills
- Experience working with or in startups
- Strong passion for food innovation and the startup ecosystem
- Able to work efficiently and accurately when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
- Outgoing and confident, able to network effectively and represent the incubator and ProVeg with professionalism
- Work proactively, thinking creatively to generate original and relevant ideas to continuously improve the incubation and acceleration programme
About ProVeg International
Benefits of working with us
- The opportunity to work closely with startups globally that are building the future of our food system
- Build a strong foundation for a career in the food tech startup ecosystem and impact investment
- Become part of a great team in one of the world’s leading incubators for alternative proteins startups globally
- Strong organisational focus on personal development and designated training budget with plenty of room for initiative, independence and responsibility
- Flexible, trust-based working arrangements and home office arrangements
- A supportive, open and diverse work environment
Application deadline: open until filled
Start: October 2022 (preferably earlier)
Our Application Procedure
Your application should include a cover letter (detailing your motivation and relevant experience) and a CV. Please submit your application only using our online form via https://proveg.com/jobs/ and tell us how you found this job ad. Thank you!
If you have made it to the long list of applicants, you will be invited for a phone interview, usually within two weeks of the application deadline. Should you be shortlisted, the next steps will be:
- An online task.
- An Interview with the Incubator team.
- An additional interview, usually with Senior Management (if needed).
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply. Since July 2021, ProVeg has participated in the Inklupreneur project and has set the goal of creating nine inclusive positions for people with disabilities over the next three years.