Are you a great storyteller who loves to inspire audiences with news about developments in the world of food startups, industry, retail and food services? Would you like to use your expertise in journalism, copywriting, marketing, and general communication to make a real difference for animals, our health, society, and the planet? Are you interested in the prospect of working for a global organisation and advocating for food-systems change? Then we invite you to apply for the position of content writer in the International Food Industry & Retail Team at ProVeg International.
- Department: International Food Industry & Retail (FIR) (80%) and Communications Department (20%)
- Location: Remote (ideally in Poland, Netherlands, UK, South Africa, US (preferably the East Coast) or Germany)
- Working hours: 40 hours a week
- Reports to: International Head of Food Industry & Retail
- Key contacts: Director of Communications, International Communications Manager, International Fundraising Coordinator
- Salary: £26k – £28k depending on experience and location
80% of time spent:
- Writing and delivering engaging and impactful B2B content including long-form reports, articles, blogs, listicles, interviews, infographics and case studies for our New Food Hub, a content platform offering the food industry actionable insights to help them succeed in the plant-based space.
- Writing impactful content commissioned and published by external B2B publications to promote our New Food Hub content.
- Repurposing existing content into valuable new formats to be published on the ProVeg website, New Food Hub and external platforms.
- Managing the New Food Hub content calendar to ensure a weekly posting schedule is maintained.
- Conducting desk research and interviews with industry experts to generate statistics and quotes to include in the content.
- Accurately referencing sources in all content produced.
- Briefing the design team on any visual assets needed to supplement content.
- Working effectively within a team environment while also being able to develop ideas for content and create content independently.
- Working closely with internal stakeholders including editors, marketing, communication, design and web teams to ensure content is delivered and published in a timely manner.
- Editing and proofreading of copy, with a keen eye for detail.
- Working alongside the International Head of Food Industry & Retail, and the International Communications team in order to plan future content and build upon the existing communications strategy.
20% of time spent:
- Writing engaging and inspiring content for supporters and major donors, including quarterly highlights, the annual review, and contributing to B2C communications, where needed.
- Support the International Communications department in drafting inspirational supporter-focused materials, as well as proof-reading and editing activities, on an ad hoc basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – native English speaker.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, PR, marketing, English, or other relevant areas.
- At least 1 year of experience in content creation and/or writing for a B2B audience.
- A track record of writing engaging online copy for diverse audiences, such as widely-read articles and blogs. You will be asked to provide a portfolio of past work as part of the application process.
- An ability to work fast, proactively, and reactively in the research, development, and delivery of written content.
- Detail-oriented, with an eye for effective proofreading and attention to detail.
- A basic understanding of the marketing world and its performance metrics.
- Experience with content research and finding accurate and reliable sources.
- A creative mind, with the ability to develop interesting ideas for new, impactful content, including storytelling where relevant.
- A good knowledge of relevant topics and trends relating to the plant-based and cellular-agriculture industries.
- Monitoring current trends and developments in the sector, identifying newsworthy material (ideally of international relevance), and conveying the information in concise, engaging, and quickly-written texts.
- Proactive and results-oriented, with a structured way of working.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- A passion for ProVeg’s mission.
- Experience in writing for the food industry, particularly within Europe.
- Experience working with the media, including writing press releases.
- Experience in using project-management tools.
- Experience in digital B2B content marketing.
About ProVeg International
Benefits of working with us
- A strong organisational focus on personal development and a designated training budget.
- Flexible working hours.
- Become part of a great team and work with us to create a world in which everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all people, animals, and our planet.
- Start: as soon as possible (please specify availability)
- Application deadline: open until filled
Please send us your application documents (including cover letter, curriculum vitae, portfolio of published work*, and references) using the application form.
* Portfolio: Please supply four articles, or excerpts from larger texts, that you have authored in four different publications (ideally covering different topics and addressing different audiences). The articles you submit can't have multiple contributors. Please be aware that applications containing plagiarised work will not be considered. Additionally, please indicate the following information, to the best of your knowledge, for each piece you submit:
- the article’s reach
- some form of feedback (for at least one of the articles) on how the piece impacted readers
- how long each article took to research and write.
The next steps in the application process include:
- A general online assessment
- First interview with HR
- Job-specific online trial assignments
- An online interview with the Head of International Food Industry & Retail
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply. Since July 2021, ProVeg has participated in the Inklupreneur project and has set the goal of creating nine inclusive positions for people with disabilities over the next three years.