We are looking for an experienced People and Culture Manager with a focus on recruiting and headhunting to ensure robust talent acquisition for all the key roles within our organisation. You will be responsible for acquiring the talents and skills our organisation needs to achieve our global 50by40 mission. You will manage and coordinate the whole recruiting process, from conducting needs assessment together with hiring managers to onboarding of the new hire. You will be joining ProVeg during an exciting time of growth and transformation towards an effective and professional go-to organisation for driving the transition to plant-forward supply & demand. Besides leading on recruitment projects, you will be largely responsible for optimising our processes so that we, as a growing organisation with more and more partner countries, can offer excellent recruitment services within the framework of our impact model.
You are a versatile and skilled professional with a T-shaped skill set, combining deep expertise in specific area of recruitment with a broad understanding of other disciplines such as HR Metrics, Health and Safety, Employee Relations and Learning and Development. You take pride in your role within the organisation, focusing on impactful work that aligns with strategic priorities. You support management as a strategic business partner to achieve organisational goals.
In our People and Culture team, we attach great importance to professional teamwork and mutual support, always have an open ear for each other and never forget our sense of humour in our varied tasks. This mission-driven role offers you the chance to be a catalyst for change in the global food system.
Reports to: International Head of People and Culture
Department: People and Culture
Location: Remote, ideally in UK, DE, ES
Hours: 32-40h per week
- You will be responsible for recruiting processes from the initial job description drafting, communication with applicants to conducting selection interviews and supporting and preparing the onboarding process.
- You will focus on optimising the recruiting process based on the organisational culture to ensure that ProVeg attracts and wins the most promising talent that perfectly fits our organisational needs.
- You will support other team members and their recruitment efforts with your experience in active sourcing and headhunting to expand our applicant pipeline.
- You will significantly boost our headhunting efforts with a focus on our hard-to-fill roles.
- You will create a headhunting strategy that helps ProVeg to find and attract the best talent to support our mission.
- You will advertise vacancies on the online job boards and diversify our portfolio of used platforms to increase our reach.
- You will ensure that the candidate’s experience throughout our recruitment process meets the highest quality standards.
- You will ensure professional, timely and friendly communication with applicants and all other external stakeholders, as well as with internal ProVeg staff.
Other responsibilities include
- Coordinating main learning activities at ProVeg, aligning them with the organisation’s strategic goals.
- Developing the in-house training (self-paced learning courses and workshops).
- Overseeing and managing the Personal Development Review process.
- Drive ProVeg’s Employer Branding efforts focused both on internal and external communication.
- Supporting the development and modification of ProVeg Policies.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, psychology or a related field. Relevant certifications in HR or recruitment may be advantageous.
- Minimum 3 years experience of working in recruiting and headhunting.
- Understanding of international recruitment practices and the ability to navigate diverse cultural contexts.
- Ability to attend and represent the organization at industry events, conferences, and networking functions.
- Ability to leverage technology and social media for effective sourcing and candidate engagement.
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and project management skills to handle multiple recruitment processes simultaneously.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage priorities.
- Pro-active problem-solving skills and ability to identify potential improvement and streamlining of processes.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with all staff issues respectfully and compassionately
- Understanding and appreciation of diversity, equity, and inclusion principles, with the ability to integrate these into the recruitment process.
- Ability to positively influence organisational culture.
- German language skills
- Familiarity with the non-profit sector and an understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities in the industry.
- Passion for the mission and goals of the organisation.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- A strong organisational focus on personal development, with a designated training budget.
- Provision of a work laptop.
- Flexible, trust-based working arrangements and home-office arrangements.
- Career-development support.
- Mindfulness programme – free Headspace account.
- We are a workplace that encourages everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We are an inclusive workplace for our diverse employees around the world.
- And, last but not least, become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet!
Application deadline: open until filled
Start date: as soon as possible
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, gender expression, or gender characteristics.
In 2020, ProVeg has signed the German Diversity Charter, a voluntary pledge and non-profit organisation that promotes the recognition, appreciation and integration of diversity in business culture.
In 2021, ProVeg took part in the Inklupreneur project and has set the goal of creating nine inclusive positions for people living with disabilities over the next three years.
In 2022, ProVeg has scored 88.1% in the PRIDE Index, the LGBTIQ+ Diversity Performance Index, over 20 percentage points above the overall average of 67.9%.
Our Application Procedure
Your application should include a cover letter addressing your motivation and how you meet the person specification criteria and a CV. Please submit your application in English using our online form, and tell us how you found this job ad. (https://proveg.com/jobs/) Thank you!
The recruitment process includes:
1. Online test
2. First interview with People and Culture
3. Online trial task
4. Senior Management interview
5. Final decision
About ProVeg International
ProVeg International is a food awareness organisation working to transform the global food system by replacing 50% of animal products globally with plant-based and cultivated foods by 2040.
ProVeg engages with all relevant stakeholders to create a food system where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet.
ProVeg has received the United Nations’ Momentum for Change Award and works closely with key UN food and environment agencies.
We have observer status with the UNFCCC and the IPCC, special consultative status with ECOSOC, and are accredited for UNEA.
ProVeg creates global impact, with offices in 11 countries across four continents and more than 200 employees.