We are excited about the next stage of ProVeg International’s development in the US after it started operating in 2019. Our current US Director will be taking on new exciting opportunities within our organisation in the coming months. Therefore, we are looking for a competent and committed successor.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the US ProVeg office and program (around 70% of the time), as well as certain international operational support for other ProVeg entities in the wider ProVeg network (30% of the time). ProVeg International Inc. is the (a 501(c)(3) charity that is responsible for the global ProVeg Trademarks, Collaboration Agreements, majority of the fundraising for international spending, financial management support (for other ProVeg offices and the global Grants Program), the China subsidiary INGO which is being established, as well as, of course, the US-focused mission-based programs and advocacy activities.
The Executive Director reports to the Vice President and Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. In program development and administration, other key duties include fundraising, PR, and stakeholder engagement.
Reports to: ProVeg International Inc. Board of Directors and Vice-President
Department: ProVeg International Incorporated (primarily US focus but also some international operational support – see below for details)
Hours: 40hrs per week
Salary range: $62-72k (dependent on skill set and experience)
Strategy Development & Implementation
- Assure that the organization has a long-range US strategy, in line with ProVeg’s wider strategy, which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Develop US programs that align with global efforts and seize opportunities for scaled impact.
Fundraising & Thought Leadership
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals to raise ProVeg’s profile.
- Establish sound working relationships, engagement and cooperative arrangements with stakeholders, major donors and relevant organizations.
- Actively seek new fundraising opportunities.
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to decision-making bodies, companies, investors, the media, and the general public.
- Together with the President, oversee the Grants program which is managed by the Grants Program Director.
- Ensure that international cooperation with and compliance by ProVeg entities are carried out to the highest standards.
Internal Leadership & Management
- Promote active and broad participation by stakeholders in all areas of the organization’s work, including the board.
- Provide leadership in developing US programs, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Serve as a member of the global leadership team with responsibility for the success of ProVeg’s overall strategy, financial strength and inclusive organizational culture.
- Build and manage the US staff and consultants and professional companies, including establishing annual objectives, providing regular feedback and appropriate recognition, conducting annual performance reviews and supporting ongoing professional development.
- Clear commitment to the mission, vision, values and goals of ProVeg
- At least 7 years of increasing leadership/management responsibility, with a proven track record of accomplishment in US nonprofit management.
- Excellent leadership skills with the highest level of integrity, quality, collaboration, and authenticity.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating and program development.
- Experience with national and leading media organizations and channels, and a track record of PR success.
- A strong working knowledge of significant developments and trends and significant players within the field of the plant-based food and alternative protein sector, sustainability and a just food transition in the US.
- Ability to convey the vision of ProVeg International’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, donors and other stakeholders.
- Solid track record of fundraising success and an enthusiastic, pro-active and entrepreneurial approach to revenue generation.
- Outstanding relationship-building skills with a wide range of diverse external constituencies, from elected officials and staff, public agencies and government regulators to manufacturers, community-based organizations and philanthropic institutions.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally (rarely, nearly all work is done remotely).
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, small yet rapidly growing nonprofit work environment.
- Sets and achieves high-performance expectations that are motivating and results-oriented.
- Seeks out and delivers timely and direct feedback that contributes to the ongoing development of oneself, team members and a positive organizational culture.
- Experience working with people from different backgrounds and a strong commitment to equal opportunities.
East coast location (as other ProVeg offices are based in the European time zone and East Asia)
- Postgraduate Degree such as an MBA or other relevant discipline (food science, marketing, climate science, politics, philosophy, etc.)
- Dedication to a vegan lifestyle strongly preferred
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the US plant-based food and alternative protein sector
- Remote leadership experience
- Nonprofit governance experience
- Additional language skills (e.g. Spanish)
About ProVeg International
Benefits of working with us
- Salary dependent upon experience and qualification
- Health care
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 10 paid national holidays, 5 paid sick days
- Provision of work laptop
- Flexible, trust-based working arrangements and home office arrangements
- Strong organisational focus on personal development and designated training budget
- Career development support
- Mindfulness Program
- Net wage optimization
- We are a workplace that encourages everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We are an inclusive workplace for our diverse employees around the world
- And last but not least: Become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet!
- Application deadline: open until filled
- Phone interviews: Flexible
- Face to face interviews: Flexible
- Start date: Immediate
Our Application Procedure
Your application should include a cover letter and CV. Please tell us how you found this job ad. Please send us your application using our online form. (https://proveg.com/jobs/) Thank you! For an informal conversation prior to application, please contact Nora Winter, International Head of Human Resources and Volunteer Management: email@example.com.
The recruitment process includes:
1. Online test
2. Phone interview with HR
3. Online trial task
4. Senior Management interview
5. Final decision
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, minorities, women, people of all genders, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, people of all age groups, and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.