You will be project managing School Plates, the flagship UK programme, to help school menus to become more sustainable and healthier. You will proactively reach out to decision-makers at local authorities, individual schools and catering companies, and coordinate our services, which include menu consultation, plant-based culinary training, educational workshops, PR and communications support, and impact assessment.
Since the launch of the programme in 2018, we have helped many millions of meals switch from meat-based to meat-free. Can you help us build on the early success of the programme, and take it to a new level?
Reporting directly to ProVeg UK’s Director, you’ll also work closely with the UK Communications Manager as well as some of our international colleagues.
- Project manage and drive forward the School Plates programme
- Secure meetings and build relationships with local authorities, schools and catering companies
- Together with the UK Director, review menus and deliver advice to our partners
- Represent ProVeg on calls, in meetings, and at events
- Coordinate the procurement and delivery of our services that are provided by third parties, such as culinary training
- Write and prepare engaging presentations
- Help to devise and implement an impact measurement system for ongoing programme evaluation, supporter communications and funding proposals
- Draft promotional materials, including a quarterly newsletter to donors
- Work with the UK Communications Manager to identify and act upon media opportunities
- Work with the UK Director to further develop the programme strategy
- Update and maintain accurate CRM database of participating authorities, schools and other partners, and file relevant communications, agreements and other administration
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- At least two years’ experience of effectively running programmes, projects or campaigns
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to speak confidently with people from a variety of backgrounds and seniority levels, and to write effectively for a range of audiences
- Passionate about food systems change
- Experience of building relationships with corporate partners
- Ability to plan strategically and pragmatically, and to prioritise workloads
- Ability to work well unsupervised, with experience of working in remote teams
- Experience of carrying out accurate referenced research
- Competent in MS Office, Google Docs, and digital communications channels
- Knowledge or experience of working in the food service industry or with public institutions, such as local authorities and schools
- Project Management qualification
- Published writer
- Experience of delivering presentations or workshops to external stakeholders
About ProVeg International
Benefits of working with us
- A strong organizational focus on personal development and designated training budget
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days of annual leave in addition to 8 public holidays
- And last but not least: become part of a great team and work with us towards building a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and the planet.
- Application deadline: Sunday 3rd January 2021 at 5pm
- Trial task: will be sent to longlisted candidates on Friday 8th January to be completed by Monday 11th January at 5pm
- Final interviews: will take place on Thursday 14th and/or Friday 15th January
- Start date: ASAP
Please submit your application using our online form at www.proveg.com/jobs including your CV and cover letter.
ProVeg is an international food awareness organisation working to transform the global food system by replacing conventional animal products with plant-based and cultivated alternatives. ProVeg works with companies, governments, public institutions, medical professionals, the media, and the public to help the world transition to a society and economy that are less dependent on animal agriculture and more sustainable for humans, animals, and our planet.
We base our strategy on empirically-based evidence whenever possible. We seek to stay abreast of the latest research to inform our strategic considerations and outreach materials. We evaluate all of our programs to make sure we are allocating our resources in the best way to reach our goal.
ProVeg fosters a culture in which challenges become opportunities to learn and thrive. Because changing the global food system is a huge undertaking, we are looking for new team members who are pragmatic and professional and who are willing to step out of their comfort zone when needed. Critical problem-solving skills, team spirit, and creativity are all vital to accomplishing our ambitious goals.
DEI (diversity, equity, inclusion) Statement
ProVeg is committed to assessing applicants equitably, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, neurodiversity, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.