Journalism and Media Intern
Raise Vegan, Inc.
Overview: Raise Vegan is the premier magazine and website for vegan parents; it celebrates pregnancy, parenting, life and what that means in today’s society. Through the voices of our community contributors, buzz-worthy newcomers and seasoned editors, we offer everything parents need to stay inspired, to improve their lives, and to understand the unique challenges of parenting today. Our pages are filled with advice and real-life experiences that go beyond the ordinary and delve deeply into what’s important in our everyday environment. Inspired by the lack of information available to parents, we set out to change the misconceptions of raising vegan children, and started the Vegan Pregnancy & Parenting community. It quickly grew to thousands of everyday parents, changing the world. One kid at a time.
Raise Vegan is looking for interns to help with writing and social media for our verified news website, RaiseVegan.com, the duties of this position include:
- Working closely with our web team to source new content
- Helping to build our web presence on various social media platforms
- Creating a variety of media content
- Coordinating with public relations to help build relationships with potential clients
- Working with both the web and magazine teams to implement product placement and advertorials
Skills and Requirements:
- Has or currently working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, or a Media-related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- A strong understanding of social media
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Have the ability to multitask
- Able to prioritize projects and working under the pressure of deadlines.
- Are passionate about helping others
- Have a can-do attitude and are comfortable being part of a team
- Are a self starter, comfortable in managing your own to-do list
- Want to grow your skills in social media, project management, and teamwork
- Live, breathe, and love social media and online-community building
- Are familiar with and passionate about either the vegan or plant-based movement
- Aim to foster a peaceful, happy, constructive workplace
- Work to provide meaningful opportunities for employees to grow and develop their skill set
- Value work-life balance and our employees’ mental and physical health
- Believe that hard work should be rewarding and fun
*Please note, you do not need to be vegan to work for us, but you must respect the lifestyle and promote our values while on the job.
Location: remote/work from home
Term: 12 weeks
Pay: unpaid, with the potential to be hired on upon completion of the internship
Hours: 10-15 hours per week, 2-3 hours per day Monday through Friday
Report to: Emily Court
Interested applicants please email your resume and a letter of interest to Emily at email@example.com
About Raise Vegan
We are the premier parenting magazine and website geared towards raising vegan kids. We aim to be a resource for parents along their journey of raising vegan.