Join a new, innovative, plant-based restaurant and café in Budapest (District 3) as a Restaurant Manager.
This is an impact-driven initiative, with the ultimate ambition to build a healthy future for our communities and the planet. Our values are based on high-quality, healthy and affordable food, sustainability and education.
If this is you
- You value what we value: sustainability, delicious plant-based food and expanding mindsets
- You have a “can-do” attitude and an entrepreneurial mindset and have already managed a restaurant/café and staff for at least 2 years
- You have a strong commercial and financial acumen
- You are self-motivated with a flexible ‘can do’ attitude, confidence and enthusiasm, and are hungry for continuous learning and development.
- You are flexible, independent, ambitious, and at the same time joyful and fun
- You are fluent in both Hungarian and English
Then take on a real challenge
- Develop the restaurant and the café from concept to reality. Take an active role in the initial planning phase, work out the details of the operations, recruit the right staff members, develop the menu, etc.
- Establish a network of sustainably grown local produce suppliers
- Oversee all aspects of the management and the administration of the restaurant operations and manage the staff (3-5 members)
- Ensure that all food is prepared, cooked and presented on time and efficiently, and that waste is managed sustainably
Enjoy unique benefits
- Purpose and meaning: you will have a tangible impact locally and globally as part of our forward-thinking and innovative community
- Platform for experimentation: plenty of room for your creativity and to try out ideas in a real context
- Continuous improvement and many opportunities for you to grow and thrive
- Autonomy: you will be your own boss, without us micromanaging you
- Favourable working hours during daytime only, with NO night time work. There will be occasional weekend and evening events.
- Appropriate compensation based on your skills and value-added. Potential partnership participation is possible.
Whilst the successful Restaurant Manager does not have to be vegan to apply for this position, we do ask that you have significant knowledge/interest in a sustainable, plant-based lifestyle and have the enthusiasm and drive to learn more about plant-based foods.
About REAL School Nonprofit Kft.