We are looking for an Executive Assistant to support our two Directors to successfully manage the business by attending to both personal and professional matters.
Our purpose is to “strengthen the physiological, social and economic health of our community”. Fostering an inclusive culture, and building a team that represents the diversity in our community is integral to this. We appreciate the new and different perspectives each team member brings to the group. This not only creates a more enjoyable workplace, but also allows us to respond to our clients in an inclusive, respectful and supportive way. We pride ourselves on making everyone feel welcome. We are a small team of amazing people who inspire great ideas, drive successful client outcomes and make Reclaimed Spaces a great place to work.
The Executive/ Personal Assistant is a permanent part time role, working 18 hrs per week (specific days, times and location are negotiable).
This role will be responsible for three key areas: Administration and Project Support; Marketing and Human Resources.
Specific tasks that you will be required to undertake, include:
- Administration and Project Support:
- Learn and manage key responsibilities to support the Directors.
- Prepare and coordinate meetings, ensuring Directors are well-prepared and have all the information they need to make informed decisions, and that minutes and outcomes are well documented.
- Make personal and professional phone and email enquiries on behalf of the Directors.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, presentations, proposals and reports with exceptional attention to detail, maintaining the highest standards of accuracy and professionalism.
- Diary and (occasional) travel management, including private appointments and professional commitments, using your exceptional time management skills to prioritise conflicting demands.
- Support Directors to maintain business licenses, insurance and subcontractors.
- Maintain office cleanliness and presentation, performing light cleaning duties, ensuring that bins are put out for collection, office supplies are restocked (including plant based food), and equipment maintained.
- Assist with special projects, from inception to completion, demonstrating your exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Set up project folders and prepare templates/ documentation for project teams.
- Manage personal errands including dry cleaning, pharmacy, and personal shopping for vegan groceries, clothing and gifts.
- Marketing Support:
- Social media planning and campaign creation to achieve marketing objectives.
- Attending Reclaimed Spaces worksites to create social media content.
- Optimisation, monitoring and tracking of marketing initiatives.
- Managing Reclaimed Spaces’ social media accounts and website, providing constructive interaction with users.
- Human Resources:
- Managing staff communications and team meetings.
- Assisting with team development event management, including plant based event catering.
- Consulting with the Directors to develop and maintain internal team culture.
- Collaborating closely with the Directors on recruitment and talent acquisition, including the coordination of onboarding programs.
- Collaborate with other staff, fostering a positive and supportive team environment.
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary: including above average base salary and additional leave entitlements.
- Flexibility: ability to agree remote working, flexible days and start/ finish times with the Directors.
- Culture: work with a team that is genuinely trying to make a difference. Not only are we working to build more green space within our community, utilising sustainable materials, and native and edible plants, we are also trying to create an environment whereby each team member is supported to do their best.
If you are passionate about the environment and enjoy variety in your day, we want to hear from you. Ideally, you will:
- Have 3 – 5 years’ experience working as an Administration Assistant, Personal or Executive Assistant, Project Administrator or Office Manager.
- Be comfortable working with a child and dog present, and be willing to undergo a police and working with children check.
- Be driven with a strong attention to detail and a love of organising, planning, multitasking and problem solving.
- Be an excellent communicator – both verbal and written – with stellar English grammar and punctuation.
- Have an extremely high level of work ethic, and are self motivated and punctual.
- Be able to work autonomously and anticipate the personal needs of the Directors.
- Have superior relationship skills and ability to develop warm working relationships with the Directors and their family, as well as the Reclaimed Spaces team.
- Have strong IT skills, with the ability to help team members with basic troubleshooting.
- Have a strong understanding of veganism and/ or plant based diets, especially the role of plant based eating in relation to carbon reduction, with the ability to purchase suitable products and support relevant policies within the business.
- Be 100% aligned to our company values of Passion, Collaboration, Quality and Balance.
- Display discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Pride yourself on being a lifelong learner who is open to giving and receiving feedback to continuously improve ways of working.
- Have a current drivers licence and reliable vehicle.
Additionally, it would be beneficial if you:
- Are vegan and/ or plant based.
- Have completed Year 12 or equivalent, and have relevant qualifications in word processing, presentations or social media.
- Have experience using Canva, Google Workspace and Monday Project Management software or transferable skills with similar software
We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
We respectfully acknowledge the Wurundjeri People of the Kulin Nation, who are the Traditional Owners of the land on which Reclaimed Spaces is located, and pay our respect to their Elders past, present and emerging.
About Reclaimed Spaces
Reclaimed Spaces is a boutique landscaping business, passionate about sustainability, quality and efficiency. We work with dedication, care and integrity, valuing timely and transparent communication, to successfully partner with our clients to reclaim their space. Where possible, we utilise locally sourced, sustainable plants and materials, to build wetlands, creeks, parks, reserves and residential gardens.