** SUBMISSIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE A PERSONALIZED COVER LETTER AND REQUESTED PORTFOLIO/WEBSITE, ETC WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Please read through the “Compensation & Inquiries” section regarding submission requirements.**
INTERIOR DESIGN PROJECT MANAGER
Shannon Scott Design is expanding and seeking a highly creative, eco-passionate Interior Design Project Manager to join our evolutionary design team in Santa Barbara.
Our ideal candidate is a high-energy, values-driven creative, ready to leap and contribute their design prowess and management magic to a collaborative and innovative team of motivated, vision-centric creative designers. This is an exciting opportunity for a growth-minded Interior Design Project Manager who wants to be the change they seek to see in the design world.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Shannon Scott Design is a high-referral studio with design projects in luxury residential, wineries, hip boutique hotels and restaurants, and mindful retirement and residential communities. We are focused on the evolution of design where no animals are harmed in the materials, and nature is honored in each choice we make. We are looking for someone to fill this vital position who cares about our world, understands the energetics of intentional design and a harm-none design and sourcing philosophy. You will provide essential design and technical support for the project team and work closely with our Principal to develop compelling high-impact concepts for our clients and projects. We want more than an employee, we want a teammate who is working to create meaningful design for those whose lives will be touched by it.
- Meticulously manage all phases of projects, including set-up, design, and construction administration.
- Manage project communications and submittals.
- Develop and produce/manage interior Construction Drawings and Finish/Material Schedules and specifications.
- Design, development, and presentation of concepts based on client + studio vision.
- Inspired research and sourcing of materials and furnishings.
- Manage FF&E quoting, budgets, proposals, specifications, purchase orders, payments, and installation.
- Work closely and collaboratively with project teams including Principal, clients, architects, contractors, and consultants.
- Attend project meetings and site visits.
- Maintain and monitor project profitability and schedule adherence.
- Train and mentor Junior Project Managers and Design Assistants.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced and trained Interior Design Project Manager with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in an Interior Design studio/firm.
- Professional degree or certification in Interior Design or related is required.
- Strong project management experience with a tract of success in the form of happy clients.
- Excellent conceptual design and space planning skills.
- Strong AutoCAD drafting experience preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of California state and local building codes and standards. Understanding of ADA codes and requirements preferred.
- MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Rendering skills a huge plus (AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp, etc.).
- Studio Designer knowledge desired.
- An organization ninja with high attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize work load and tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
COMPENSATION & INQUIRIES
- Salary: 54-72K per year, based on education, professional experience, and qualifications.
- Health insurance and paid holidays available after 90 days.
- If you are excited about the prospect of joining a dynamic, innovative, compassionate and sustainably focused design studio, please reply with a PDF of your cover letter, portfolio or website, and resume including your phone number, past experiences including dates, reference contacts, and education.
- Technical skills and knowledge of the design industry are a must. Please do not apply if you do not have at least 3 years of experience in Interior Design.
- ** SUBMISSIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE A PERSONALIZED COVER LETTER AND REQUESTED PORTFOLIO/WEBSITE, ETC WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.***
- Due to the volume of resumes received, only candidates being considered will be contacted. Please no hard copies, drop-ins, or telephone calls. Thank you!
About Shannon Scott Design
SHANNON SCOTT DESIGN is a multidisciplinary design studio focused on intentional luxury design. With an eye toward high impact interiors masterfully balanced with a light environmental footprint, our projects consistently showcase finely tailored spaces meticulously crafted for a sophisticated and thoughtful clientele.
Our studio is located in beautiful Santa Barbara, where sky meets mountains, nature drives the experience of healthy living, and the stunning vistas promise adventure. We are informed by the Cherokee saying: “One cannot have a true sense of self without simultaneously having a true sense of place,” and believe that by honoring the land upon which the built environment is created, we can harmonize nature into designs that increase our clients’ wellbeing. Through our intentional design process, we create beautiful, iconic, and transformational environments while mindfully specifying durable, exquisite materials focused on sustainable and cruelty-free sourcing.
Every space tells a story.™ Exquisitely conceived design concepts, decades of collective experience, and a dedication to a compassionate, intentional design paradigm, transforms each of our client’s interiors into a space that tells a profound and wholly unique story.
Interior & Exterior Design
Sustainable, Vegan & Cruelty-Free Design
Interior Design Construction Documents
FF&E Procurement & Installation