We welcome and encourage applications from people of color, indigenous, trans individuals, and people with disabilities. Sinergia Animal is committed to fostering an inclusive environment.
Terms of Employment: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Reports to: Managing Director – Thailand
Position Location: Bangkok – remote
Remuneration: To be defined
Language requirement: Thai and English advanced or fluent
About Sinergia Animal
Rated as one of the world’s most effective animal protection organizations by Animal Charity Evaluators, Sinergia Animal is an international campaigning organization working in countries in the Global South (specifically Latin America and Southeast Asia) to reduce animal suffering and promote more compassionate food choices.
We use negotiations, investigations, peaceful direct actions, and innovative campaigning methods to expose the suffering of farmed animals and to help build a world in which no animals are exploited for food.
About the position
Are you passionate about effective communication? Sinergia Animal seeks a talented individual who thrives on both the creative and technical aspects of copywriting, content creation, and press outreach. We’re looking for someone who can foster dialogues within and beyond the vegan community. You’d be the perfect fit for our team if you are a creative, proactive, and team-oriented communications professional!
- Craft original content for our social media platforms
- Curate relevant and engaging content for social media, as well as managing the social media schedule
- Community management: interact with our social media audience by answering messages, engaging with comments, and managing accounts and pages
- Get in touch with and nourish relationships with influencers and celebrities who are aligned with our mission
- Translation and writing: translate texts from English to Thai (and vice versa) and produce well-crafted written content
- Support other departments: collaborate with various departments to meet their communication needs—which include but are not limited to copywriting and production coordination of websites, reports, leaflets, banners, and other materials
- Ensure all of the organizational materials are appropriate to and respectful of Thai culture
- Compose compelling press releases
- Oversee press outreach activities and coordinate the work of the PR agency
- Monitor and evaluate social media and communications KPIs
- Participate in peaceful actions and other events carried out by the campaigns team, help with all activities needed at such events, and liaise with journalists attending these events in Bangkok
- Any other communication activity that is required
The ideal candidate will possess most, if not all, of the following qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- A resident of Bangkok, Thailand, or with the possibility of moving to this city
- Advanced/Fluent oral and written Thai and English
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills and copywriting in Thai (knowledge of SEO is desirable)
- Great researching and fact-checking skills and a keen awareness of current news
- Ability to successfully build and maintain relationships with local media outlets, journalists, and influencers
- Familiarity with media outreach, social media platforms, and being an avid social media user
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks that are most needed to achieve the organization’s goals and good attention to detail
- An independent, organized, and responsible worker
- Be motivated to develop strategies and processes that optimize for social impact at the movement level
- Affinity for animal rights issues and/or a vegan lifestyle
- Previous experience with NGOs is desirable
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend not to apply for jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply. Enthusiasm and proactiveness are very important to us, and if you’re excited about the role, we want to hear from you. Sinergia Animal has an Internal Development Program that can support team members in developing any skills they may need, including language.
About Sinergia Animal
We work in the low- and middle-income countries of the Global South — in Southeast Asia and Latin America — to reduce the suffering of animals exploited by the food industry and reduce animal product consumption by promoting more compassionate and healthy diets. This is particularly challenging because animal product consumption is steadily increasing in the Global South, where animal agriculture has grown the most in the last 30 years. Intensive farming practices are becoming the predominant model in Latin America, Asia, and Africa.