Sinergia Animal is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourages people from minoritized groups to apply. We strive to make our organization a place where everyone feels valued, respected, and empowered to contribute their unique perspectives and talents. Together, we can work towards a more compassionate world for all beings.
Terms of Employment: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Location: Bogota – Colombia
Language requirement: Fluent Spanish, advanced or fluent English, Portuguese is optional
About Sinergia Animal
Rated as one of the world’s most effective animal protection organizations by Animal Charity Evaluators, Sinergia Animal is an international campaigning organization working in countries in the Global South (specifically Latin America and Southeast Asia) to reduce animal suffering and promote more compassionate food choices. We use negotiations, investigations, peaceful direct actions, and innovative campaigning methods to expose the suffering of farmed animals and to help build a world in which no animals are exploited for food.
About the position
We are looking for a Non-Profit Managing Director to join our team and guide Sinergia Animal Colombia forward. You will oversee all staff in Colombia, as well as all, operational, financial, and technical aspects of the organization.
This role’s responsibilities include building and refining strategies for programs, preparing progress and financial reports for the international governance board, managing and helping develop national team members, representing the organization in external events, speaking to the media, assisting with volunteer recruitment and fundraising activities, and leading annual budget and cost-effectiveness reviews.
Ultimately, you will work with various volunteers and other professionals in the organization to ensure we hit our annual program and development goals and continue to build our track record and brand recognition for future success.
- Prepare accurate and timely analyses of programs, media and development results, and performance trends.
- Provide leadership and manage staff to ensure appropriate support of all departments.
- Supervise the development of operations and finance monthly. Carry out some operational and payment duties.
- Coordinate and lead monthly, quarterly, and annual progress and budget reviews.
- Approve major systems implementations related to programmatic activities and costs.
- Retain a diverse, highly-qualified staff and team of volunteers by providing effective feedback, career coaching, and personal development for team members.
- Ensure that outcomes of programs and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
- Act as an excellent spokesperson to the media and other key external stakeholders.
- Build strategic and long-lasting alliances with other NGOs and key stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- An affinity for animal rights activism and a vegan lifestyle is essential.
- Proven work experience as a Non-Profit Director or within a similar Senior Management role.
- Experience running fundraising, campaigning, and program-based initiatives.
- Knowledge of volunteer recruitment strategies and ability to get individuals and relevant stakeholders involved for the organization’s success.
- Strong knowledge of financials and ability to build financial reporting documents for the board of directors.
- Relevant academic background, training, and/or certifications as a Non-Profit Director.
Enthusiasm and proactiveness are very important to us. If you don’t tick all the points on this list but are very excited about this role, we want to hear from you.
Sinergia Animal has an Internal Development Program that can support you in developing skills needed, including language.
About Sinergia Animal
We work in the low- and middle-income countries of the Global South — in Southeast Asia and Latin America — to reduce the suffering of animals exploited by the food industry and reduce animal product consumption by promoting more compassionate and healthy diets. This is particularly challenging because animal product consumption is steadily increasing in the Global South, where animal agriculture has grown the most in the last 30 years. Intensive farming practices are becoming the predominant model in Latin America, Asia, and Africa.