Salary: Up to £30-34k per annum plus bonus
Name of Site: Tell Your Friends
Experience required: 2 Years at Head Chef Level
An entirely unique opportunity for an ambitious, creative and talented Head Chef to lead the kitchen team at a recently opened site in Parsons Green is now available. The offer at Tell Your Friends is an exclusively vegan, plant-based menu, so experience and passion in this area of cooking is essential. We have been open for only a few months, however it has been highly successful since opening.
The site is situated in the heart of Fulham on the New Kings Road and is a very foodie business with trading sessions all day, including a brunch offer, grab & go, lunch & evening menus. There is a basement function room that has a mixed use for events, dining & private hire.
This is a new concept that needs an innovative team who are looking to change the menu regularly and keep ahead of trends in the field. The Head Chef will be working closely with the Exec Chef, General Manager & our concept team to develop menus, but will also be responsible for employing and training the team, maintaining standards, and producing a strong commercial offer.
What’s in it for you:
- Progressive and collaborative working environment.
- Work with fresh ingredients and evolve interesting, quirky and seasonally changing menus.
- Opportunity to make your mark and be part of something that is shaping the London dining scene.
- Achievable Transparent Bonus Structure.
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 in 2017.
- Performance related Share Options.
- Training and development including the opportunity to become a ‘Mentor’ to our Academy Members.
- Companywide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Additional benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme, Child Care Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Programme
What we’re looking for:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Head Chef who is ready for a new challenge.
- Someone with a background of dealing with a strong Vegan offer and preparing fresh ingredients.
- Proven track record of running a professional kitchen.
- Good communication skills.
- A team player who will be expected to build, motivate and develop your team to get the best results from them at all times.
- Fully eligible to work in the UK.
Some or all of the following skills would be advantageous:
- Menu development and costing experience.
- Proven track record of managing budgeted GP’s.
- Staff training.
- The ability to maintain 5-star food hygiene standards.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
This is a great opportunity get into an expanding, friendly and Spirited Team where there are genuine opportunities for clear career progression.
Applicants must be passionate and take great care and pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you!
About Tell Your Friends
At Tell Your Freinds we’ve filled our menu with fresh seasonal ingredients, healthy eats + hearty comfort food, so whether you’re vegan or not we think you’ll find something you’ll love.
From the beers & wines to the fish & chips, everything we sell is vegan and as ethically sourced as possible.
Our mission is to provide delicious & nourishing fare, showcasing the wide variety of options available – there’s more to vegan life than salad!
Our basement studio is also available for exclusive hire to host a wide variety of events, from yoga and screenings, to supper clubs and drinks receptions. It’s the perfect place to relax with your friends.