WHO WE ARE
The Humane League (THL) is a global nonprofit ending the abuse of animals raised for food. THL fosters a high-energy culture of teamwork and mission-driven problem solving, and we have earned recognition as Top Charity from Animal Charity Evaluators for all of their rating periods. Over the past few years, we’ve grown to a staff of 90+ talented individuals dispersed across the country and around the world.
As the database administrator, you will be responsible for administering, evaluating, maintaining and becoming an expert on our EveryAction and Salesforce databases. This position reports directly to the IT and Data Privacy Manager.
This is a full time, remote position. This position requires domestic travel, this is equivalent to approximately 2-3 trips per year. We are only able to consider applicants who reside in the United States and possess United States work authorization.
Starting salary $79,900 or salary to commensurate with experience.
- Administer, evaluate, maintain and become an expert on our supporter database within EveryAction in close collaboration with Development, Organizing, and Communications teams to:
- have an in-depth understanding of how each department uses EveryAction and be able to identify potential interference, duplication of effort, or optimization across teams
- stay on top of new feature releases and proactively reach out to teams to incorporate these new features into their workflows when appropriate/beneficial
- build custom fields and reports
- make adjustments to existing fields as requested to facilitate our extensive coding and categorization while also understanding, maintaining, advising and developing the overall hierarchy of the database in a way that supports the entire organization
- provision new user accounts and provide new user training
- oversee database architecture and understand how changes proposed by one department will impact everyone else
- troubleshoot and resolve issues
- develop processes in collaboration with stakeholders
- ensure consistent and high data integrity by managing data imports and regular hygiene activities
- write and maintain SOPs, wiki, user guides, etc.
- Administer and maintain our growing Salesforce and databases by building custom fields, reports, objects, performing data hygiene, provisioning and training new users, and overseeing database architecture and operations. We expect to use Salesforce much more in the near future!
- Support new data architecture and system integration initiatives
- Create and curate audience lists among our supporter base
- Manage manual data imports
- Ensure and maintain the highest level of security to all THL data through regular audits of users, permissions, database contents and providing periodic training
- Crosstrain in other IT duties such as Google Workspace and other approved THL software to provide backup for team members on leave
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years administering, managing and tuning databases such as Salesforce and EveryAction.
- Communication: Write and speak clearly and effectively. Always communicate with peers, project stakeholders, and product support teams in a friendly and welcoming manner, especially when introducing new processes or explaining difficult concepts. Be proactive in communicating project-specific needs and updates.
- Communicate early and often.
- Leadership: Lead with integrity and mutual respect, motivate, and inspire trust and poise with a wide range of people representing various backgrounds and levels of experience. The ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations is critical to success in this position.
- Project Management: Manage multiple projects and tasks through to completion in a timely manner. Be flexible, have solid planning, social, and organization skills.
- Problem Solving: Anticipate needs, actively seek opportunities, and propose solutions with solid decision-making capability. Be self-directed and able to plan and coordinate many projects simultaneously, often working with ambiguous guidelines.
- Teamwork: Be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-motivated, results-focused and community-oriented. Must be a highly resourceful team-player who works effectively with all levels of staff, with the ability to also be extremely effective objectively, and displays dedication to the work and role.
Employees enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, optional pet insurance, working from home, up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for eligible employees, paid holidays, flexible vacation time, professional development, and the supportive environment at The Humane League!
At The Humane League (THL), animal welfare is at the forefront of our everyday work. As such, many of our staff are vegan by personal choice, and all of our THL-hosted events offer fully vegan menus. We welcome all mission-aligned candidates to apply, no matter where you are in your journey to end the abuse of animals raised for food.
The Humane League is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Humane League is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please email People Operations (email@example.com) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
About The Humane League
The Humane League (THL) is a global nonprofit ending the abuse of animals raised for food. THL fosters a high-energy culture of teamwork and mission-driven problem solving, and we have earned recognition as a Top Charity from Animal Charity Evaluators for all of their rating periods. Over the past few years, we’ve grown to a staff of 90+ talented individuals dispersed across the country and around the world.