WHO WE ARE
The Humane League (THL) is a global nonprofit ending the abuse of animals raised for food. THL fosters a high-energy culture of teamwork and mission-driven problem solving, and we have earned recognition as Top Charity from Animal Charity Evaluators for all of their rating periods. Over the past few years, we’ve grown to a staff of 90+ talented individuals dispersed across the country and around the world.
As the Partnership Specialist at The Humane League, you will be responsible for developing and cultivating impactful and reciprocal partnerships with influential, mission-aligned individuals to raise awareness of our mission to end the abuse of animals raised for food. You will build relationships that will bring new audiences into our movement and drive action on our campaigns to end factory farming. You are ideal for this position because you’re a natural relationship builder with stellar communication skills and a keen eye for detail.
You’re the right fit for this role because you have a values-centered approach to your life and to your work. You’re a self-starter who is relentless in their pursuit to bring our cause to new heights. This position reports to the Director of Public Relations.
This is a full-time, remote, US based position. Residence near NYC or LA is preferred. This position requires domestic travel, equivalent to approximately 3-4 trips per year. We are only able to consider applicants who reside in the United States and possess United States work authorization.
- Own, manage, and execute highly-impactful celebrity and influencer campaigns and initiatives throughout the year to support the organization’s goals.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with mission-aligned celebrities and social influencers.
- Liaise with relevant talent and their managers to negotiate partnership opportunities.
- Research, craft, and disseminate 1:1 partnership “asks” via email and social media.
- Support and implement goals of the overarching brand ambassador program strategy— securing a diversity of tangible and reciprocal partnerships around our work on a regional, national, and global scale.
- Collaborate closely with Communications, Organizing, Corporate Engagement, Development, and other departments to identify partnerships to support our programs and mission.
- Partner with Organizing on localized partnership outreach, engaging our international volunteers in brand ambassador opportunities.
- Manage celebrity relations database, building upon our target celebrity and influencer lists of individuals tied to animal activism, climate activism, plant-based lifestyle, agriculture, health, philanthropy, business, and more.
- Monitor and evaluate success towards personal and team goals on a monthly basis.
- Maintain a knowledge of the changing trends in celebrity and influencer relations and animal protection, remaining focused on the news cycle to identify new partnership opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of experience working in celebrity and/or influencer relations or other partnership cultivation within agencies, nonprofits, or for-profit organizations.
- A thirst for social media, current events, and the latest social trends and platforms.
- Team player with an ability to build and leverage a strong network of partners.
- Excellent persuasive written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience conducting highly targeted and customized 1:1 partnership outreach.
- An aptitude for building meaningful relationships with celebrity publicists, social media influencers, or business partners across a variety of mediums.
- A demonstrated track record securing partnerships with high profile celebrities and/or social influencers on behalf of an organization or client.
- Experience managing relationships with celebrity publicists.
- A working knowledge of IMDBPro or similar database experience, as well as project management tools like Asana and Slack.
- An authentic alignment with our mission and animal protection work.
Starting salary $53,000 or salary to commensurate with experience with added consideration for cost of living for New York City or Los Angeles residents.
Employees enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, optional pet insurance, working from home, up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for eligible employees, paid holidays, flexible vacation time, professional development, and the supportive environment at The Humane League!
At The Humane League (THL), animal welfare is at the forefront of our everyday work. As such, many of our staff are vegan by personal choice, and all of our THL-hosted events offer fully vegan menus. We welcome all mission-aligned candidates to apply, no matter where you are in your journey to end the abuse of animals raised for food.
The Humane League is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Humane League is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please email People Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
About The Humane League
The Humane League (THL) is a global nonprofit ending the abuse of animals raised for food. THL fosters a high-energy culture of teamwork and mission-driven problem solving, and we have earned recognition as a Top Charity from Animal Charity Evaluators for all of their rating periods. Over the past few years, we’ve grown to a staff of 90+ talented individuals dispersed across the country and around the world.