Senior Service Chef!
The Juice Smith is an imaginative, creative Vegan Cafe located in Cobham. Offering Breakfast, Brunch & Lunch options a variety of famous healthy Cold Pressed Juices and sweet treats.
The Juice Smith prides itself with the highest standard of creative vegan cooking & fresh healthy produce.
We are launching our new, flagship restaurant within the next few months, this is an exciting time to join a rapidly growing business based in Cobham.
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic Senior Service Chef to manage the service team on a day to day basis. You will be creative, passionate, positive and a great communicator
You will work alongside the Head Chef to process daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. It is vital that you deliver high quality and consistent dishes by following designated recipes.
Producing a high standard of food for all of our menus that is consistent.
Working across a range of interesting and different menus
Ensuring the highest levels of hygiene and safety
Maintaining areas of work and machinery
Ensure the organisation’s food policy and strategy in areas such as allergen management are implemented and followed
Ongoing personal career development
Minimum Level 2 Food safety
You will have experience of working in a busy establishment where consistency and quality were key requirements. You will be diligent, committed and with a desire to continually learn and improve.
You will be proactive with a positive attitude, have a flexible approach to work and working hours whilst being punctual.
A team player with the ability to motivate, encourage and inspire others with good interpersonal skills. Your ability to bring creativity and flair into the everyday will be valued.
· Follow guidance from the Head Chef and Head of Food Development on recipe improvement and presentation
· Assist with pastry production preparation as specified by Head Chef
· Follow health and safety, food safety and allergen procedures at all times
· Provide guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
· Oversee and organise kitchen stock and ingredients
· Ensure a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organised for quality assurance
· Keep cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
· Help train new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
· Ensure all food preparation and presentation meets restaurant standards
· Verify that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
•A passion for vegan food & an interest in health and nutrition
•A confident, self motivated, driven & professional person who will lead the team, support and be hands on
•Have a calm and approachable manner
•Have a proven track record in delivering exceptional dishes in a time pressured environment, taking responsibility for the quality & standard for every dish served.
•The ability to multi task & cater in large scales
•Maintain COSH & HACCAAP
Senior Service Chef Benefits
•45 hours a week ensuring a balanced work and social life (overtime is available)
•Excellent opportunities to progress your career and develop alongside an experienced kitchen management team
•Vast range of learning opportunities
•Friendly and fun working environment
•28 days Holiday entitlement
Please send your C.V. to email@example.com