The Marketing & Communications Manager is an integral role in the Plantrician Project organization and will be heavily involved in the planning, execution, and reporting of various digital and print marketing initiatives to drive growth in support of the Plantrician Project’s mission. Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience with online marketing products/channels and project management as well as experience designing and distributing engaging copy and visual (image and video) content across email, web, and social media.
Develop marketing strategies and tactics to maximize growth of Plantrician Project’s mission.
- Manage all aspects of content creation and distribution across web, email and social media.
- Measure and report performance of all digital and social marketing campaigns, assess against goals (ROI and KPIs) and provide strategic recommendations for optimization
- Manage email marketing campaigns, including campaign set-up, launching, monitoring and reporting
- Devise and execute SEO/SEM, social media and display advertising campaigns to ensure delivery and distribution of content that meets the needs of all target audiences
- Manage all aspects of online advertising (PPC and Display), including set-up and development, proactive recommendations, optimization, and reporting
- Perform marketing research to better identify target audiences and needs.
- Develop and manage conference materials and assets for use at Plantrician Project hosted events as well as at third party conferences and events.
- Represent TPP at in person and virtual events
- Identify opportunities for new content and PR based projects that drive organizational objectives.
- Remain up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- 3+ years of hands-on strategy and execution of online marketing
- 3+ years of project management, leading digital marketing campaigns and programs successfully
- Experience in SEO, SEM
- Experience with online tracking and analytics tools; strong analytical skills
- Effective multi-tasker, with ability to manage stakeholders, projects, prioritization, and decision making
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills
- Self-starter capable of working independently and in a team.
- Keen eye for graphic design, attention to detail, and creativity.
- Expert level use of Adobe, Canva or other design platforms a must.
- Experience with WordPress a must
- Proficiency with various social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube a must
- Video editing experience a strong plus
- Interest and knowledge of current events and marketing trends within the whole food plant-based community a strong plus.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Demonstrated passion for and experience in building, moderating, and managing online communities
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging educational content
- Ability to leverage current and future trends to help maximize online community engagement.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to represent the project professionally both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal, team, problem solving and leadership skills; tact and flexibility in working with diverse population groups.
- Ability to listen, translate concepts across different groups, and collaborate.
- Lead discussions, training, etc., and implement projects that have shared value.
- Ability to be strategic and tactical, creating the conditions for engagement to thrive.
- Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new systems
This is a remote position that requires some travel. The ideal candidate is available full time but candidates with less than full-time availability could also be considered. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
The Plantrician Project is not able to sponsor work visa applications, so applicants for staff positions have to be U.S. citizens or otherwise legally authorized to work in the United States.
If you feel this is a great fit for you, please send your resume, a cover letter explaining why you are specifically interested in working for the Plantrician Project, and any other relevant materials.
About The Plantrician Project
The Plantrician Project, a 501c3 not-for-profit corporation with a mission to educate, equip and empower physicians, healthcare practitioners and other health influencers with knowledge about the indisputable benefits of whole food, plant-based nutrition.
The Plantrician Project is the world’s leader in the development and presentation of medical education content and resources supporting the use of whole food plant-based nutrition in a food-as medicine first approach to preventing and reversing the epidemic of chronic illnesses plaguing our nation and the world.