We seek a Social Media Manager who will be responsible for daily management of Plantrician Project’s social communities, including all content development, scheduling, posting and user engagement.
The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative yet analytical, individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future followers. That passion comes through as she/he engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of:
- Turning fans into followers/supporters/advocates for our mission.
- Community leadership and participation are integral to a Social Media Manager’s success.
- An essential component is communicating the Plantrician Project in a positive, authentic way that will attract today’s modern, hyper-connected audience.
- Create original, relevant, high quality and shareable content for various social media platforms, including IG/FB mini-blog copy, imagery, graphics, gifs, memes, etc.
- Content should be created primarily with an eye for maximum social media engagement but should be informed by potential usability throughout all Plantrician Project marketing channels including SEO, Content, Email, Print etc
- Build and maintain a thriving and active Plantrician Community through proactive recruitment of new followers while also maintaining regular communication, answering questions and engaging with existing followers
- Collaborate with Marketing Director to develop and execute content and social media campaigns across platforms, to drive engagement and growth.
- Collaborate with Marketing Director to create and implement a content editorial calendar to manage content.
- Curate content for inclusion in The Plantrician Project’s Ultimate Resource Portal
- Conduct and report upon research and analysis on new and emerging trends in social media including viral content, emerging thought leaders and topics, social media platforms etc.
- Develop and maintain reports detailing actionable insights and key metrics (KPI’s), including but not limited to trending topics and platform growth statistics relevant to each social media channel
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the project and report notable threats to appropriate management.
- As a member of a small team, the social media manager may also perform additional customer service and community support related activities as needed.
Please apply if you:
- Have a college degree and 2-3 years of relevant work experience in the creation, execution, and publishing of professional social media content on multiple platforms.
- Have demonstrable your experience using various social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin and YouTube
- MUST know photoshop and Canva or other similar photo editing software like Illustrator, etc. Designing shareable gifs, graphics, posters and images is a daily part of the job.
- Have knowledge and experience with video creation and editing is a strong plus but not required
- Demonstrate winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- You are highly analytical and have a strong understanding of performance metrics as they relate to social media. Knowledge of social media performance tools a plus.
- Have exceptional writing, editing, and grammar skills.
- Are a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Are a quick learner, have good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Are interested in a part-time position requiring approximately 20 hours per week
Candidates with a passion for plant-based nutrition and its ability to prevent and reverse chronic illness, mitigate climate change and reduce animal suffering are strongly preferred. Bonus points if you enjoy reading, discussing and sharing evidence based scientific and research.
Compensation $2000 per month
The Plantrician Project is not able to sponsor work visa applications, so applicants for staff positions have to be U.S. citizens or otherwise legally authorized to work in the United States.
Send us a cover letter explaining why you are specifically interested in working for The Plantrician Project
Include links/attachments to your resume and social media accounts, along with one amazing social media campaign idea that you’d love to execute for The Plantrician Project and why you think it would resonate with our audience.
About The Plantrician Project
The Plantrician Project, a 501c3 not-for-profit corporation with a mission to educate, equip and empower physicians, healthcare practitioners and other health influencers with knowledge about the indisputable benefits of whole food, plant-based nutrition.
The Plantrician Project is the world’s leader in the development and presentation of medical education content and resources supporting the use of whole food plant-based nutrition in a food-as medicine first approach to preventing and reversing the epidemic of chronic illnesses plaguing our nation and the world.