Head of Operations
Birmingham, West Midlands (currently remote/home based)
Work with us:
The Vegan Society is an anagram of The Nicest Voyage. Quite fitting, we think, as for many people veganism is a journey – and a pretty remarkable one at that. Regardless of where you are on your vegan journey, our staff are on hand to make it easier, healthier and more fun. And if you think you’d be great at helping others with this, read on, as this may be right up your street.
The Vegan Society makes veganism more accessible and an easily adopted approach by supporting individuals, policy and decision makers, caterers, manufacturers, health care professionals and the media.
Who we’re looking for:
Are you passionate about changing the way we treat animals? Do you want to help reduce damage to our environment? Do you want to get people to enjoy healthy vegan food that looks good and tastes great?
As individuals, we have a somewhat eclectic mix of skills, passions and idiosyncrasies… but it works. Probably because we all have one thing in common: we believe we’re onto something really special.
In order to meet our ambitious plans for the next few years, we need to recruit some new people to our team in our new offices conveniently located by Snow Hill station in Birmingham.
Our roles are typically office-based, however remote working will be in place until social distancing measures are relaxed/removed. After these restrictions are eased a flexible work schedule could be considered.
What we offer:
– A fun and supportive team
– A solution-focused atmosphere and hard-working environment
– Flexible working hours
– Employee Assistance Programme and health cash-back scheme
– Cycle-to-work scheme
– Childcare vouchers scheme
– Animal companion compassionate leave
– Ethical pension scheme (5-7% employer contribution)
– Death in service benefit
– 28 days’ leave + 8 bank holidays
– Central Birmingham office location
The Vegan Society as an organisation values equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that tackles any structural discrimination or prejudice. We are actively trying to increase diversity in our organisation and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
The role will provide oversight of all infrastructure elements of The Vegan Society, to ensure the smooth running of the charity and effective and efficient operations. It will have responsibility of large organisational-wide projects such as IT transition and office improvements.
The Head of Operations will manage the Office Manager, Finance Manager, HR and IT contracts.
– Be competent at providing strategic direction within a charitable organisation
– Be able to ensure managers are performing at the highest level and engage their teams
– Be able to develop and acquire effective systems, that enable us to become a fast-paced organisation
– Be an effective leader that inspires and motivates high performing teams
– Be able to deliver on target and within timescales
– Be experienced with managing employee relations issues and dealing with these effectively and efficiently
Salary and Hours:
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) role with a salary range of £40,876–£43,857 per annum.
How to Apply:
1. Select the apply button to be taken to our website
2. Fill out the application form: docx or pdf
3. Fill out our Equality and Diversity Monitoring form
4. Send via the email address shown
The application deadline is 9am Thursday, 31st December 2020
Interviews will take place w/c Monday, 11th January 2021
CVs cannot be accepted. No agencies.
To discuss this job role please contact our recruitment team.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Charity Operations, Senior Operations Manager, Operations Director, or Head of Operations Department.