The Vurger Co is one of the leading plant-based food brands in the UK, and after a recent successful online launch in the US, we are now starting to build our brand new US team to supercharge our growth.
As part of that expansion, we are expanding into grocery channels in the Los Angeles area initially, in addition to pushing to continue expanding our direct to consumer online channel, and our presence with third party online retailers.
The Sales Manager will work very closely with the founders (CEO & COO), especially the CEO Rachel Hugh, to start building the business in the LA area. This is not your typical Sales Manager role – it’s a whole lot more! You will be the first permanent member of our brand new US team and so you will carry a lot of early responsibility, and have a huge amount of variety in what you’re doing.
We are looking for a highly motivated, highly flexible, successful and entrepreneurial Sales Executive or Manager, who is looking to take on a huge challenge and be a part of something really special from a very early stage. We’re well established in the UK, and we have phenomenal market-leading products throughout our range, not to mention highly successful fast food restaurants too. You’ll need to be someone who can spin lots of plates at once, get the task done and most of all someone who is passionate about growing a great plant-based brand.
It will be a highly independent role with a very broad scope and is central to the continuing fast growth of the overall brand. We are immensely proud of our products, our restaurants, the experience we deliver to customers, and the culture that has already been established and we’re looking forward to building an equally phenomenal team in the US!
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
o Key Accounts – sourcing and developing long term relationships with key grocery and other wholesale accounts.
o Online – developing our direct to consumer online channel and relationships with third party online retailers.
o Retail Operations – working closely with UK colleagues and third party partners to ensure smooth and consistent operations in the early stages of growth in the LA area.
o In-store and events – organising and hosting in-store grocery and other event demonstrations of our products.
o Stock – ensuring that there is always a steady stock of product ready and available for all activities and sales.
o Customer visits – regularly visit customers to discuss progress, promotions and support wherever needed.
o Brand development – work closely with in-house and external partners to grow the brand presence in the US.
o Ambassador – represent the brand with passion, excitement and determination and help us to start building strong foundations ahead of our growth across the US.
o Reporting – full and regular reporting on all activities.
o Travel – being open to travelling for short periods of time, either to warehouse facilities or other partners in the US or occasionally to London, when travel returns to some sort of normality!
The ideal candidate:
· At least 2 years’ experience as a high performing Sales or Operations Manager, in a similar fast-growing brand
· Exceptional knowledge of the LA area and the grocery landscape
· Knowledge of, and experience working in, the plant-based space is highly preferred
· Highly ambitious and passionate about growing great food brands
· Exceptional business and financial skills
· A real ‘can-do’ positive attitude, and an ability to keep lots of plates spinning simultaneously!
· Comfortable and excited by working independently as we start to grow the US team (Key people from the UK team will also spend considerable amounts of time supporting growth when they are able to enter the US)
· Extremely flexible, adaptable and very comfortable with a very broad and changeable workload
· Self-starter, boundless energy and enthusiasm and a relentlessly proactive and positive attitude
· Salary is very flexible and will be based entirely on the candidate selected for the role, their experience and what we feel they can bring to the challenge!