Thrive is a down to earth plant-based eatery with a unique laid-back and artsy vibe. We pride ourselves on our progressive attitude and we seek to establish a safe space for those who may need it.
We are looking for someone who can prepare our cafe food. Previous experience of working in a busy kitchen would be a definite plus but if you have never stepped into a kitchen and feel you’ve got what it takes we’d still like to talk to you. Passion and enthusiasm go a long way!
We work as a close-knit team and look out for each other. We try to make sure that hard work is as enjoyable as possible. If you have a proven record of working well as part of a team then you should let us know about that.
We are an owner-operated business. You’ll often be working alongside the Directors and they will more often than not be mopping the floors with you at the end of the day.
The position can be either full or part-time as required. At least one of the working days must be a Saturday or Sunday.
Remuneration: £10.50/hour (at age 23+)
- You will work under direction of the Team Leader to prepare food items in the kitchen using specification sheets provided
- You will follow all procedures required for food management and hygiene
- You are able to work in a timely manner and show initiative when needed
- All tips are shared between all co-workers on duty on the day
- Free meal and drinks when on duty
- 20% discount available when not on duty
- On-site parking available
- 28 days paid holiday (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Company pension scheme
- Full training will be given where needed in all aspects of hospitality
- Prospects for advancement for anyone who shows aptitude
- We always try to be as flexible as possible when working out the weekly schedule so that co-workers can fit in any other responsibilities they have
About Thrive Cambridge
Thrive is a beautiful and friendly plant-based cafe and venue in the heart of Cambridge. With two function spaces open for such things as music, yoga classes, acoustic nights, poetry readings, holistic therapies, private meals, and meetings. We have a strong ethos and set of values:
compassion - for people and other animals
community - bringing people together
sustainability - minimising our impact on biodiversity and climate