We are looking for a new team of experienced of chefs to bring with creativity, flair and passion on board. Chefs, Bartenders and Managers from all levels (including senior positions) are required to be part of our expansion plan withing our brand. Plant-based food knowledge from ingredients to techniques is essential. Our first restaurant in Bournemouth offers innovative plant-based dishes with high standards of food and service. There are no obvious vegan cues and most of our guests don’t even make the connection that the menu is plant-based. Twelve is defined NOT by what’s missing but by what it is. Twelve is currently the 5th best restaurant in the world for vegan food. The job advertisement below covers a general approach to all departments. Check our menus below:
· 28 paid holidays
· Automatic enrolment in pension
· 50% discount on food and drinks when dining with friends and family
· Opportunity for career progression and expansion within our brand
Responsibilities (depending on position):
· Overall responsibility for daily department operations
· Liaising with purchasing companies for food and drinks order
· Good knowledge in GP, stock taking and stock control
· Ability to create and develop new drinks, dishes and daily specials
· Managing the team, training and team recruiting
· Adhering to Health and safety guidelines – implementing COSHH & Risk Assessment training
· Following our HACCP Policy and implementing the food safety standards on a day to day basis
· Ensuring all staff are trained on allergen-specific information and process.
· Ensuring department hygiene is adhered and actioned upon, as per our food safety auditors guidelines and monthly reports
· Maintaining a professional approach at all times with an emphasis on teamwork
· Staff recruitment and conducting Staff Inductions, assessments, probation and appraisals.
· Effective management of Bar and Kitchen Staff Duties
· Good knowledge in menu costing and stock control
· Maintaining Recipe cards / Beverage / Dish spec sheets are up to date & accurate
· Ensuring our team are developed through our appraisal process
· Resolving poor performance through our development plans
· Implementing daily briefings / Monthly debriefs to implement change.
· Availability to work 40 to 45 hours per week including evenings, weekends, bank holidays and during busy holiday periods.
What we’re looking for:
· At least 2 years previous experience working in a busy professional bar/kitchen/floor on similiar position.
· An advanced understanding of all basic techniques.
· A proven ability to train and manage the team to deliver a consistent service (senior chefs)
· Experience of menu creation with effective costing.
· Financial and business awareness in order to keep to budgets and drive profits.
· The ability to deliver excellent standards and display a willingness to learn
· The desire to develop your skills as well as show creativity and passion in your work
· A friendly and positive attitude
· Minimum level 2 food safety certificate (level 3 is preferable)
· Understanding of Microsoft Excel, word and outlook
· Eligibility to work in the UK
· A good command of English is essential
· Excellent ability to maintain standards
· Optimum organisation skills
· Positive “can do” attitude
· Impeccable personal grooming and cleanliness
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£32,000.00 per year + excellent tips scheme
About TWELVE EATERY
Twelve is an organic plant-based restaurant and the UK’s first organic bar to make cocktails with cold-pressed juice. We are also proud to be awarded as "The 5th best restaurant in the world for vegan food".