We are actively seeking an experienced Fundraising Lead to join our budding organization. This role will give you confidence that the work you do will contribute to the greater good. Our Fundraising Lead will be a self-starter and will play a vital role in planning events and running fundraising campaigns to meet and exceed organizational goals. Work with a close-knit, enthusiastic team under a visionary Founder to stretch and improve your creative and organizational capabilities in this pivotal role.
What you’ll be doing
- Set financial targets for fundraising activities, and create strategies for reaching them
- Assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds for our organization
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities
- Create marketing collateral to be used for the promotion of events and other fundraising pushes
- Analyze the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships on a regular basis
What you bring to the team
- Exemplary communication abilities and outgoing personality
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Quick thinker and ability to make decisions under pressure
- Degree in communication, public relations or related/applicable area
- Minimum two years of fundraising experience, in addition to managerial experience
- To be able to travel as needed
What’s in it for you
- Work from home
- Flexible hours
- Great work/life balance
- Warm and empathetic work culture
- Three week paid vacation
- Knowing you’re making an impact in the world
If you think you have what it takes to stand out and make a difference at Umano, please send us a copy of your resume and salary expectations to zehra (at) umano.org by February 15th, 2021. Please quote the job title in your subject line. We thank all who apply but will only be contacting those who are moving forwarding in the application process.
Umano embraces diversity and equal opportunity with alacrity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the more effective our work will be.
Umano’s objective is to inspire empathy in the world for our fellow humans, our animal friends, and the environment we depend on. Knowledge, courage, a healthy self-esteem, and enduring anxiety, all play a crucial role in actionable empathy. Umano is educating, creating media content, and providing funding to social enterprise initiatives with a key focus on measuring impact worldwide. As part of the Umano team, you’d be tasked with critical consideration of galvanizing empathy into action in your respective role.