Unicorn Goods is looking for a passionate vegan lifestyle enthusiast to represent our brand on the Internet. The ideal candidate is a digital native with experience building a following and fostering a community online. Deep roots in the online vegan community are a must. The scope of work includes contributing scheduled content on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and our email newsletter in order to encourage customers to buy vegan with Unicorn Goods. Previous experience with writing published works including blogs, as well as a background in editing and attention to detail are helpful. The contributor will work closely with Unicorn Goods staff to draft and schedule marketing materials that meet exacting standards for precision and consistency of voice.
You must be vegan and strive to live a fully vegan lifestyle in order to work with us or intern with us. We take personal ethics into account and value a diversity of perspectives and opinions. Applicants must be United States citizens and residents of the continental United States.
Hours & Compensation
The contributor or intern will work 10 hours per week consistently, including holidays, as an independent contractor. Compensation will be dispensed weekly upon receipt of an invoice detailing the completed work and with supervisor’s approval. Exact hours of work are self-determined by the contractor or intern. Compensation is $10 per hour.
How to Apply
To apply, send us your résumé and a cover letter as a single PDF document, along with a brief explanation of how you found out about us in the body of the email itself, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email subject should be “APPLICATION: [Position], [Full Name],” for example, “APPLICATION: Marketing Associate, John Smith.” PDF should be titled “Application_FirstName_LastName,” for example, “Application_John_Smith.”
The cover letter should include:
- information about how, when and why you became vegan
- why you are passionate about Unicorn Goods
- how you found out about Unicorn Goods
- how you found out about the openings
- what your favorite item on Unicorn Goods is
- if you have purchased anything through Unicorn Goods, and if so what – what was your opinion of the item when it was received?
The résumé should include:
- your physical mailing address, email address, and direct phone number
- relevant information to the job description, including past experience
- three professional references and their email addresses (you will have a chance to notify them prior to them being contacted should you be asked to interview for the position)
Typos and adherence to the above instructions will be taken into account. Due to the volume of interest, we are not able to respond to questions about these positions at this time. We look forward to receiving your application.