Grant Writer (volunteer/unpaid)
Uplands PEAK Sanctuary is Indiana’s first farmed animal sanctuary established in 2012. PEAK recently moved to a much larger property with the vision of helping more farmed animals in need through our rescue and education programs.
The Grant Writer volunteer position is a unique opportunity to join the grassroots animal rights movement and continue to grow a top-notch sanctuary dedicated to the liberation of the most abused animals on the planet.
We are seeking an experienced Grant Writer to help our Sanctuary strengthen and grow. The Grant Writer will be responsible for preparing, submitting, and managing grant proposals for projects outlined by the PEAK team.
- Minimum of 1 year of grant writing and submission is required
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and communicate in advance if deadlines can’t be met
- Will work from home, but can work onsite if needed or preferred
- Minimum of a 6-month commitment is required
- Work 6-8 hours on average per month, maybe less or more based on projects
- Work closely with PEAK staff
- Progress reports by phone will be scheduled based on grant load
About Uplands Peak Sanctuary, Inc.
We rescue and rehabilitate abused and neglected farmed animal, educate the public to the benefits of a healthy vegan lifestyle, and promote sustainability. Located in Freedom, Indiana.