We are hiring!
Looking for a ‘Purchasing Officer’ in Corby, UK. They will be responsible for the day to day operation of buying for three of our factories in the UK. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with CV, cover letter and relevant experience.
The company requires at this stage, the professional services of an experienced Purchaser. They will be responsible for the day to day operation of buying for the factory. The Purchasing Officer is responsible for buying and approving goods and services across three sites. They will procure best quality products, goods and services for the company at the most competitive prices, in the most cost-effective manner. The candidate will also have a good understanding of temperature critical products and distribution.
The successful candidate will also be proficient with using SAGE200c.
- Raw material and packaging purchasing
- Purchasing of consumables and services
- Regular review of tenders for all purchasing
- Setting realistic stock figures and stock control
- Review of all services/contracts and utilities
- Long term bulk purchases with justification of cost/savings
- Costing of new materials in new product development
- Keep abreast of developments in the sourcing of items and appropriate new products to market
This list is not an exhaustive list. VBites is at the heart of a fast growing sector and expanding multi site operation.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Proven experience of multi-tasking in a similar environment or role
- Clear attention to detail
- Exceptional and demonstratable, organisational skills with a structured approach to work
- Ability to use own initiative
- Proven time management skills.
- Ability to work accurately and methodically and work to deadlines.
- Proven ability to understand and apply priorities to the work flow
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Highly motivated
- Attention to detail and numerate
- Can work under pressure
- Organisational ability
- Completer/finisher skills
- Food Manufacturing
- Previous experience of using an MRP system (SAGE200 preferred)
PERFORMANCE/ PROBATION REVIEW CRITERIA
Regular reviews with General Manager
Within 3 months the job holder will be expected to confidently support and administrate the purchasing system within the business.