This job is being re-listed due to an extension on the closing date for this role – interviews to take place in the 1st 2 weeks of February.
At least 5 hours per week, up to 20 hours depending on experience with an expectation to move to full time in 6 months.
Experience working in an administrative role essential.
Experience working in an accountancy practice would be advantageous but not necessary.
Experience preferred but training will be provided so not necessary for all tasks.
Skills and tasks:
· Emails to request client records for accounts and payroll
· Filing of records and client emails
· Checking records received for accuracy (correct dates) and missing records
· Calculation of holiday pay
· Peer review of payroll from payroll team
· Processing of basic payroll
· Registering clients for PAYE
· Auto enrolment of workplace pension duties
· Part filling out of job planning documents
· Upload client records to team portal
· Sending accounts and tax returns to client for electronic signature
· Emails to team to request accounts are submitted
· Sending of submission reports to clients
· Company Secretarial (with HMRC and Companies House)
· Maintaining excel sheet of direct debits
· Letters to clients with direct debit info
· Collecting direct debits
· Completion & monitoring of new client onboarding procedure
· Other email & letter writing from voice note recordings
· Director’s diary management
· Deadline management (adding to spreadsheet and monitoring)
· Update and maintain policies & procedures
· Maintain contact lists
· Keep a detailed timesheet
· Ability to demonstrate use of initiative
· Ability to check own work for errors
· GCSE (or equivalent) English – A & above
· GCSE (or equivalent) Maths – B & above
· Exceptional oral & written communication skills
· Other tasks as and when necessary
Pay is based on London living wage £10.55 per hour.
Please send your CV with a short cover letter which includes the words “animal liberation” for your application to be considered.
About Vegan Accountants
Accountancy practice specialising in helping Vegan people and organisations save tax, comply with local laws and streamline the recording of their finances.