Pigs Peace Sanctuary’s vegan grocery store, Vegan Haven, has an opening for Grocery Manager. Do you have a passion for animals and the vegan lifestyle? Do you have experience managing a grocery store? We’re reaching out to you, so apply today!
About the position
We are looking for a passionate self-starter, who has the experience, organization, and strong leadership capabilities to manage this community establishment.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in grocery store management
· Knowledge of vegan products
· Vegan lifestyle
· Ability to work independently
· Exemplary Customer Service experience
· Knowledge of all positions with the store
· Prior experience as a clerk or person-in-charge
· Proficient with POS
· Proficient with QuickBooks
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Planning and preparing work schedules and assigning volunteers to specific duties
· Coordinating sales promotion activities and preparations, or directs workers preparing merchandise displays
· Supervising volunteers engaged in sales work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records, and preparing daily record of transactions.
· Ensuring compliance of volunteers with established retail policies and procedures, security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices
· Managing safety plans and merchandising plans
· Answering customer’s complaints or inquiries
· Performing various office and accounting functions
· Responsible for appropriately handling emergencies, customer complaints, volunteer or customer accidents and supervising all store personnel in absence of Store Director and 1st Assistant Director
· Handling volunteer dissatisfactions and grievances
· Adhering to federal and local laws, and to all organization policies and procedures
· Assisting in maintain clean and safe work environment
· Replacing stock in display areas as needed. Responsible for counting out-of-stock product
· Performing various paperwork, including scheduling writing, volunteer evaluation, corrective action plans, and product recalls
Starting Annual Salary: $40,000
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to Judy Woods, at email@example.com
About Vegan Haven Grocery
Seattle’s only all vegan store, this non-profit, volunteer-powered grocery store has been a fixture in the Seattle vegan community for fifteen years! All proceeds from sales go directly to benefitting Pigs Peace Sanctuary, a non-profit dedicated to providing a safe place for pigs large and small to live out their lives in peace.
For more information about Vegan Haven: http://www.veganhaven.org
For more information about Pigs Peace Sanctuary: http://www.pigspeace.org