We are LA VIMEA, one of the world’s greatest vegan hotels, however, for the coming season we want to be THE world’s greatest vegan hotel! To do this we need exceptionally talented individuals to join us and that is where you come in. If you think that you have what it takes to propel us to the highest level possible we would love to hear from you. We are currently recruiting a Bar Manager for the next season which begins in mid-March 2020, we are not just looking for an ordinary bartender, instead we are looking for someone that is going to bring the wow factor here at LA VIMEA!
As a key member of our hotel’s hospitality staff, our bar manager must ensure the bar operates smoothly, with sufficient stock at all times. The ideal candidate in this position must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, maintaining a courteous demeanor with customers, as well as effectively making use of downtime. Strong leadership and personnel management skills should be accompanied by a customer service orientation and commitment to company values and image. The bar manager pays close attention to all operational details to ensure the comfort, safety and enjoyment of guests as well as the financial success of the bar.
What we are looking for:
- A vegan bartender or bar manager with several years of previous bar experience.
- A mind for excellence and a talent in creating drinks that inspire. Must be self-motivated with an eye for detail.
- You have a positive attitude and can take directions as well as input from the team;
- You can work autonomously, can prioritise tasks and have good time-management skills;
- You can work swiftly and under pressure without compromising quality;
- You are an EU citizen or have a work permit for Italy.
- You are comfortable working with a multicultural team and can serve international guests;
What best describes you:
- You are comfortable working in a multicultural setting with an international team;
- You are eager to prepare natural beverages;
- You have patience, tact and ability to multitask;
- You are service and client oriented;
- You are clean, tidy and organized;
- You are open, curious and eager to learn;
- You like to work with diligence and take responsibility;
- You are kind, humble and have a positive attitude. Your ego is not your boss;
- You are a fluent German or/and English speaker. Knowledge of Italian or other European languages is a plus;
- You are a non-smoker and do not frequently drink.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks;
- Create and prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, paying particular attention to wellness drinks; e.g., smoothies, juices and wellness cocktails.
- Contribute to creating a positive atmosphere within the restaurant and bar.
- Monitor inventory of beverages to ensure adequate stock is maintained and to prevent excess pours or abuse by staff. Requisition purchases as needed.
- Oversee cleanliness of physical bar area; paying special attention to possible health hazards.
- Review sales and beverage costs, and reconcile any discrepancies in accounting. Ensure proper cash management.
- Resolve customer complaints promptly and according to company guidelines.
- Oversee the preparation of beverages and ensure quality of product served.
Sound like you?
What we offer:
- Unique experience with a pioneer project – 1st Vegan Hotel in Italy;
- Joyful environment with a great and successful young team;
- A full-time contract for the season of 2020 (from mid-March until minimum November – thoughts to extend season into January).
- Competitive salary, lodging and plant-based organic food provided.
About Vegan Hotel LA VIMEA
LA VIMEA focuses on bringing bliss to all through giving inspirational vegan experiences in a beautiful place called Naturno in Northern Italy, by combining excellence in hospitality, delectable vegan cuisine and a well rounded wellness experience.